Upcoming System for New Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

photo_luver

Baseband Member
I will be having this as my christmas gift to myself :)

Any problems you see please tell me im trying to keep it UNDER 1400 USD and i am in canada...

Check it out ;)

ASPIRE X-CRUISE -BK Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case 65$

ASPIRE ATX-AS520W BLACK 520W Power Supply 55$

AMD Athlon 64 4000+ 1GHz FSB Socket 939 Processor 334$

ARCTIC COOLING FREEZER64 ACFZ64 80mm Ceramic Cooling Fan/Heatsink 28$

DFI LANPARTY UT nF4 Ultra-D ATX AMD Motherboard 130$

OCZ Performance 2GB (2 x 1GB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200) Unbuffered Dual Channel Kit System Memory Model OCZ4002048PFDC-K 220$

ELSA GLADIAC 940GT Geforce 6800GT 256MB GDDR3 AGP 4X/8X Video Card - 279$

CHAINTECH AV-710 Sound Card - 24$

Western Digital Caviar SE WD1200JB 120GB 7200 RPM IDE Ultra ATA100 Hard Drive - 70$

SONY Black 52X CD-R 32X CD-RW 52X CD-ROM 2M Cache IDE CD Burner 21$

inland 70124 2-Tone PS/2 RF Wireless Standard Desktop Mouse Included - 24$

Microsoft Windows XP Professional With Service Pack 2 135$

TOTAL:

Anything wrong or i wont need or downgrades are great but wont wreck performance..

Thanks in Advance!

Garrett

Everything is good exept the HD.

Lots of people on these forums dont rate maxtor that good compared to seagate or Wester Digital. I cant really comment because i have never had a Maxtor but i can tell you this. I have 2 Seagate 7200PRM drives and would'nt want anything else. Quite as anything and i have had no problems with either since i brought them 2-3 years ago. Also when picking a HD look for one with NCQ.

I have also been told that the heatsinks supplyed with AMD Cpus are quite good these days. But i havent brought an AMD cpu in awhile either... so i really can't comment on that either.

Hmmm so i dont know about the Heatsink that comes with it... maybe someone can fill me in and i think im going to change it to a Westen Digital!

I changed the above list ;)

Anyone else feel free to chime in!

Its perfect. And Western Digital is good.

The HSF that comes stock with the processor is pretty good and you could save some money, but that aftermarket HSF will ofcourse cool better.

Are you SnY_pEr from the BF2 Forums?

I'm very sure you are.

y yes yes i am :D im trying to find out from different people what they think ;)

My name was taken so i picked something from another forum :D

thanks for your help!

Haha. I edited my post to the thread on the BF2 Forums where I helped you also, lol.

I remembered the name Garrett, lol.

Are those parts from newegg? Because Newegg doesn't ship to Canada.

i dont know a Garrett :p ...

But yeah i thought i could get better response here... and from your amount of knowledge from this site it looks like you know a whole lot!

What would be the best Processor to get right now that wouldnt be outdated for at least 3 years? maybe a 3500+?

Also which least processor speed would i be able to get "insane" settings?

Thanks again guys...

Garrett

yes they are from newegg... and im also thinking about the parts right now... im sure theres alot of plaes to get parts that ship ;)

Im just kinda compiling a list so i know what i need to get!

Thanks...

The 4000+ you have is the one. Its cheap and amazingly powerful. You can overclock it to speeds that exactly match the performance of $1000 processors. You don't even need to overclock the processor, but if you do, it'll blow away anything else in the world.

hmm sounds good i hear you can OC it to about a FX processor! i guess thatll be the one...

i think ill consider tigerdirect as the place ill buy my parts... what do you think? Any places to recommend?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom