I have no clue what the * I did..

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got to ask, why were you putting enough stress on the screw to snap the head off? If the head was snaped off why didn't you just remove the motherboard then remove the damaged screw?

P.S. not wood, think its some kind of plastics. PCB is made up of layers, so even if you don't see damage to the first layer.... well you get the idea here.

Sui said:
I just got to ask, why were you putting enough stress on the screw to snap the head off? If the head was snaped off why didn't you just remove the motherboard then remove the damaged screw?

P.S. not wood, think its some kind of plastics. PCB is made up of layers, so even if you don't see damage to the first layer.... well you get the idea here.

The motherboard was impossible to get off as The screw was near the Ps2 ports on the board and was virtually inacessible to get at the one behind the motherboard to remove that (the screw head snapped off.. but it was still threaded into the motherboard itself making it virtually impossible to remove even with slight force. so i tried to gently (very gently) drill the edges slightly around the screw so i could pull it out and it would not be threaded into the board anymore.. but making it still possible to mount in the future

(there is no circuits or circuit paths within about 1/3 of an inch around the screwhole (MSI K7n420 PRO was the board)

lol... where did you get the screws? Soo many things wrong here. The screw isn't suppose to thread into the motherboard, just go through it. You never answered my first question, but I don't think want to know. How short is this psu cable?

Ok what is the rest of this computer and the other motherboard? What have you tried so far?

kiyotaka said:
I tried the processor in the other board.. the board posted fine and everything..

What do you mean by that? were you testing it in another computer, or just kinda outside of a case with a psu attached. Was it the same PSU?

(i had the parts unplugged to avoid frying them from switching on and off to troubleshoot the motherboard but 1 maxtor 300gb ata133 drive, 1 maxtor 200gb ata 133 drive 1 seagate 20gb ata 100 5200 rpm (OS drive but replacing soon)
lite on 8x dvd single layer burner, lite on 16x dvd rom and two removeable HDD trays.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom