Xbox 360 or $500 PC Upgrade?

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow, actually there is more support than I thought. Here is a list:

Epic Games
Epic Games has integrated AGEIAÂ’s PhysX SDK into their acclaimed Unreal Engine 3 and next-generation game titles.

Ubisoft
One of the worldÂ’s largest video game publishers, Ubisoft has entered into an agreement with AGEIA in which AGEIA provides technology for UbisoftÂ’s next-generation game titles.

Titles include:
# Tom ClancyÂ’s Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter

Mythic Entertainment
Titles include:
# Warhammer 40,000 MMO

Big Huge Games
AGEIAÂ’s PhysX SDK is helping Big Huge Games inject spectacular physics-based effects in one of the industryÂ’s most-anticipated RTS titles.

Cryptic Studios
Titles include:
# City of Villains

Sega
Titles include:
# GE2 Project

Bongfish Interactive Entertainment
Titles include:
# Stoked Rider featuring Tommy Brunner

Kylotonn
Titles include:
# Bet on Soldier

Artificial Studios
AGEIAÂ’s PhysX SDK delivers groundbreaking physics to Artificial StudioÂ’s Reality Engine used in next-generation PC and console games and simulations.

Airtight Games
Launch demo

Quantic Dream
Titles include:
# Karma

Other developers and designers are:

Pirahna, Atari, Grin, Shiny, Frogwares, Destineer (????), Spark, Aspyr, Obsidian, Secret Level.

Have never heard of a few of these.

Sholdn't be too much of a dissapointment, I would stick with nvidia if I were you.
I had a similar problem too, and I went with the PC. Although the 360 will offer awesome playability soon to come, I think I will wait until prices lower, bugs have been fixed out, and games start becoming more next-console instead of following the trend of the older consoles.
Your choice, although I recommend upgrading your pc - you will get more out of it and can purchase a 360 later on.

Dang it was an agp? Oh well I don't feel as bad now.

Well going on that OTHER Xbox 360 vs. PC thread, it would take years for it to be implemented into modern pc's lol.

PcMe said:
Sholdn't be too much of a dissapointment, I would stick with nvidia if I were you.
I had a similar problem too, and I went with the PC. Although the 360 will offer awesome playability soon to come, I think I will wait until prices lower, bugs have been fixed out, and games start becoming more next-console instead of following the trend of the older consoles.
Your choice, although I recommend upgrading your pc - you will get more out of it and can purchase a 360 later on.

Another thing I was meaning to talk about. In about a year, the Xbox Core system will only be $199, and the Full Package System will be $299. I hate the way they do that. If I buy pc stuff right now it will retain it's value for longer.

also true, unless both major manufacturers include the technology on the majority of upcoming cards, then software developers wouldn't be worried about how much market support there was.

Well seeing how I am going to get a good GPU card now I think I'll just get the seperate PPU card. Also I hear they have different versions (normal PCI, 1x PCI-e and PCI-E x16; which will let me put something into my extra PCI-E slot).

Killian, those games you listed; Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter caught my eye. Its a X360 game, so does that mean that the X360 has a PPU?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom