A+

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I agree DJ... thats why I stated it would depend on the career he is going into. Some people get a little lost in what it is they need as far as career advancement. Also, to answer the question, yes we work on the networking side... somewhat. Everything from the switches, waps, to Active Directory domaim admin, CIMBasic/CIMplicity design and PLC ladder logic. We have several contractors that do networking depending on what side the plant you are on, which trust me... it makes for a REALLY chaotic mess. Plus, higher ups that think they know more than you when they are in fact clueless. Take the Active Directory for example. Why in the HELL do we have AD on manufacturing machines???? Okay, I could see it for an office environment but this makes no sense. There are no roaming profiles, just a simple machine and admin login, there is no overhead admin needed for these machines and the need for remote admin is useless. All in all, AD here is retarded. Well, they don't listen to there net guys, and they're willing to pay all this liscensing money for useless crap and not stuff that they really need. Like outdated systems that I, frankly, am surprised still runs. Ah, ****... Im all ranting now.

Anyhow, long story short.... before deciding on the cert you want decide on what field in computers you want to pursue.

Myself Im taking A+ right now, Studying shorta on the side for CCNA, dunnue If I wanna do network+ yet, and the others I plan for are CCNP, CCIE, MCP, MCSA. I also plan to get my bachelers degree in computer information. I have along road ahead of me.

Heres a list of all or at least most of the computer certifications.

http://www.mcmcse.com/othercerts.shtml

well, if going that route and need a brush up on A+ then by all means. If you are familiar and dont need it, dont bother (again depending on the job you want). I mean, really it depends. The only reason I say this is because I find it not worth the money to spend on the test unless you need to ACTUALLY learn it. If you know it, use the money for the networking tests (if thats what you are gonig for) and study materials. Now, if you are going for help desk support, PC repair store, or anything of the type you would be fine with that and maybe a few others like N+, CNA, etc.

So, what area of expertise are you looking to get into, thats the real question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom