New Build - Can't Load OS

Status
Not open for further replies.
hehe, same here, gotta see if it now works, if not im going to return it for money, and get another **** mobo, and if that doesn't work i going to commit suicide :D

errrr ok did you do the memtest thing? I don't believe you said, so what motherboard do you have? Try downloading the latest bios version, it may be a a early version thing

even though that look like a ram address error (STOP 0x0000007B (0xF7C7A640, 0xC0000034,0x00000000, 0x00000000), I came up with a via ide error with that code. try replacing your Ide cable. try a different cd/dvd rom drive too. they making some cheesy rom drives these days that just can't read all of windows files when you install windows. I would try memtest too

you can bypass the partition manager error by formatting your drive on another computer like I mentioned earlier.

HAVOC2k5 said:
jolancer said:
note - if your HDD is primary master, that doesnt mean the jumper should be put in the MS (master) position.... If there is no slave accompanying the Primary master HDD, the jumper should be either set to (Single) or Removed totally, maybe even set to CS (cable select) depending on the manufacturur..... that solved my problem one time.
Sorry to jump in here a stray off-topic, but cable select would only work here if he has an CSEL enabled IDE cable. Which i'm guessing he doesn't. It's probably a standard IDE cable that came with the motherboard.
I C, i didnt now the cables were different.

I recently used WD HDDs, and i know if you install one as a single master(no slave) you have to just remove the jumper and that puts it in single mode.
orangeman1980 said:
Yeah, tried the new motherboard last night, nothing, got the same thing.
no suprized, you just took a wild guess that its the mobo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom