Heat!!!! Need Advice Quick! I Ran Speedfan!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheOtis

Daemon Poster
Im running speedfan, im sure you guys have heard of it or use it. And the readings sound kind of high.

Arrow Pointing Down Temp1: 25C
Arrow Pointing Down Temp2: 25C
Fire Symbol Temp3: 70C

Now it shows that fire sign by the 70C, that seems way to hot.

Then it says

Red Arrow Pointing Up HD0: 42C
Blue Arrow Pointing Down HD1: 37C
Red Arrow Pointing Up Red Arrow Ponting Up HD2: 45C

And I should have good air flow, i have a 120mm fan in the back, the gigabyte rocket pro cpu cooler, a smaller fan in front of the hard drives and a 120mm fan that i mounted on the front of the case inside. Do those readings seem kind of high? And right now its pretty much idleing. Im only running firefox and speedfan.

Any of your responses are much appreciated.

So I did what you suggested and downloaded EVEREST. I like it waaaaay more then speedfan. All the hard drives run between 34C-39C. The Gpu is at 46C on average.

But It says the CPU is at 70C ???? ???

Field Value
Sensor Properties
Sensor Type ITE IT8712F (ISA 290h)
GPU Sensor Type Driver (NV-DRV)
Motherboard Name Gigabyte K8N Series

Temperatures
Motherboard 30 °C (86 °F)
CPU 70 °C (158 °F)
GPU 48 °C (118 °F)
WDC WD1600JS-00MHB0 38 °C (100 °F)
WDC WD740GD-00FLA2 35 °C (95 °F)
WDC WD360GD-00FNA0 39 °C (102 °F)

Cooling Fans
CPU 3750 RPM
System 620 RPM

Voltage Values
CPU Core 1.33 V
+3.3 V 3.23 V
+12 V 11.90 V
DIMM 2.66 V
Debug Info F 2D FF 44
Debug Info T 25 30 70
Debug Info V 53 A6 CA 86 BA 73 9A (77)

what kind of cpu is it, intel p4's run around 60-80c... I think

now if thats an amd then u got a problem

if you have a fan on your cpu at 3700 rpms and its saying 70 C... somethins up.. seriously..

we were discussing this, and came to the conclusion that it must have been the heat sensor...
even though it say's it's running that hot, apparently it's still stable

Yup its stable. Even when I reboot into BIOS after its been on for awihle, its not where near 70C. So i really dont think that its running at 70C. I turnd on that CPU warning thing so if it ever gets to 60C it goes off or does whatever it does, and nothings happend so far. ANd the computer almost has been on all day. So I think Juice Daddy was right in the firstplace it was the temp sensor.

Which is to bad. this is my 3rd gigabyte bored, my first one had a bad PCI slot. then i just now built this not even a month ago, and the first gigabyte mobo had a bad PCI slot and a bad sata controller. So i replaced it with this (same model but SLI) and now a temp sensors bad.

I wont replace this mobo until i decide to get a new one, which probbaly wont be another gigabyte haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom