CT-7NJL6 Mobo and Wireless PCI card

Status
Not open for further replies.

nametaken

Beta member
Hi, first post on the forums today so hopefully i get lucky and someone knows the answer ;).

I just bought a new chaintech 7NJL6 motherboard from newegg.com, i know from many other people that this board isnt the most stable by any means but im short on cash right now so i had to get it.

So far its running pretty smooth after all the problems of reinstalling xp over and over. But everything seems stable for now i guess /crosses fingers.

The only real problem i have is getting my linksys wireless-* PCI adapter to work in one of the PCI slots on the Mobo. In my previous motherboard it worked fine so i know its not the card, and in the back of the cpu case i saw the green light always on as soon as i started the computer (in my old mobo). Now with the chaintech i have tried every single PCI slot except for the one near my agp adapter because ive got a geforce 6600gt and it just wont fit there. None of the slots give a green light on the back of the computer, BUT the motherboard recognizes it when i go into windows. However it will not connect with the latest driver straight from linksys and the green light still isnt on even when windows seems to see it in hardware manager.

I'm totally lost on where to go from here, can the 7NJL6 even support wireleess PCI cards?? any help is much appreciated thanks!!

Sorry for the delay i couldn't get my internet working for awhile. I figured out what the problem was, and it was stupid of me not to recheck this.

It was the wrong driver version. On the linksys website there is a v1, v2, and v6. I downloaded the v6 thinking that was mine (i dont have the box anymore) and that was the problem.

Still the weird thing is that the green light still doesnt come on, now i know this isnt a big deal as it still works and all, but my connection to the network now gets randomly disconnected every 10-15 minutes or so. My router is now like 10 feet away and i download at around 500 kBps so i know its not the distance or anything. I checked the router settings at 192.168.1.1 and everything seemed ok, just can't figure out what the problem is.

Thanks for the replies!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom