performance question here....

Status
Not open for further replies.

computer-dumb

Solid State Member
I'm wondering if you really need a expensive 74gb raptor HD i mean is it really a boost when it comes to gaming....is there a alternate i have a 250gb seagate on the other HD slot is there a alternatives i just want them to be fast but not expensive like that raptor.Thanks.

It will not have any effect on Gaming, gaming preformence is mainly RAM/CPU/Video card. The harddrive will improve boot up times, and anything that involves copying or moving files.

As for faster drives, Im not sure there is a mid point between 7200RPM drives and Raptors.

Faster harddrives load maps faster in BF2 that's for sure. When you're actually playing the game the harddrive doesn't matter. a couple sata 7200s in RAID 0 would speed things up. Is your drive sata?

Yea, map loading increases many times over.

In-game, if you're running like Fraps or something, it has to write to the Hard Drive, so you won't lose performance from that.

I wouldn't advise doing RAID 0 unless faster load times for games is all your system is about. RAID 0 is very unsecure, and if you lose one drive, you lose both of them.

Yea all i've noticed is the map times loading aloooooooooooot faster. Infact I regret buying my 36 raptor. I do use it only for my OS. But I would have just got the 74raptor and a good my 160gig SATA.

Im gueesing the SATA2 raptors are gonna be even more quick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom