best agp card there is?

Status
Not open for further replies.

enthusiast1917

Baseband Member
hi, does anyone know what the best agp 8x card there is? i heard x1300 and x1600 can do agp 8x but im not too sure.

Go for the 6800 GT. Its probably the best bang for the buck AGP card out there now. Plus, it lays waste to even the X1600 from what I see in benchmarks.

omg! he recommended teh X850XT PE

WE MUST KILL HIM!!![/sarcasm]

but seriously never recommend teh X8** series

Yeah, the X850XTPE sucks. Its $600 and only performs slightly better than an overclocked 6800GT in DX8, it performs worse than the 6800 GT in shader intensive DX9 games and OpenGL.

PZEROFGH said:
6800GT>6800ultra once you OC

6800 ultra OCd>6600GT OCd

I hate all these people that say the GT is just as good as the ultra because it can overclock to an ultra. Did you ever think that an ultra can overclock too? It would be like an ultra ultra. So a GT OCd = Ultra, and an Ultra OCd = Ultra Ultra. It is not a waste of money.

Well considering that the 6800Ultra is just a 6800GT overclocked, you can't really squeeze much more out of the ultra. 6800GT oc's to higher than 6800Ultra speeds, and the 6800Ultra oc's to the same as a 6800GT oc's, except for the fact that the ultra costs alot more.

Actually, all you have to do is put a bigger heatsink and some ram-heatsinks on the GT, flash the BIOS, and you have yourself a 6800 Ultra.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom