Boot Loader Concerns

Status
Not open for further replies.
[boot loader]
timeout=30
default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect

try that

I don't know about that I may be lazy for saying this but I prefeer not to click twice on the boot loader. Is there a way to bypass the Legacy OS where you have to click twice?

In order to bypass the legacy so you dont have to choose twice you have to copy the boot manager from Vista over to XP so it will have only one boot manager. Vista and XP both use their own Boot manager that is why you have to choose twice. If you copy the Vista one over that elimates the problem. I remember reading up on it somewhere else. It has been know to crash the whole system that is why i have never done it.

I do a dual boot (Actually I do a triple boot) to so that stupid bootloader don't show up

It all depends on what you triple booting. If you use a Linux distro in there you wont see it. I know with just having XP and Vista i have this little dual boot manager issue. Well not really an issue but annoyance.

Makaveli213 said:
It all depends on what you triple booting. If you use a Linux distro in there you wont see it. I know with just having XP and Vista i have this little dual boot manager issue. Well not really an issue but annoyance.

i have xp sp2, xp sp1 and vista

and you never encountered the double boot manager annoyance? I know you have three options but do you have to click 3 times to load your OS?

What order did you install your OS's then? I put on XP first then Vista always.

xp sp2 1st, vista 2nd and xp sp1 on the 3 partition. when I install vista without doing triple boot, that stuipid boot manager came. when I went back to triple boot it doesn't show up as it think that it is the only OS on the system

Ahh i see why you dont have the annoyance. You install XP SP1 after you install Vista which re-wrote the boot manager. It basically eliminated the Vista boot manager. That is how i got rid of that annoyance myself by doind a fixmbr from the recovery console when i uninstall Vista the first time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom