overclocking problem for FX-53

Status
Not open for further replies.

RockyZ

Daemon Poster
Does anyone have any information on wether the FX-53 (socket 939) is locked in any way?

Technically, a FX-53 with 200HTx14LDT with 1:1Mem Divider should give me a perfect 2800MHZ, and my BIOS also tells me this. But when I restart the computer my computer tells me I am in fail safe mode and tells me to re insert CPU speeds, later my BIOS just automatically resseted and I was back to normal speeds.

So I tried the settings with 280HTx10LDT and changed the HT multiplier to 3x, the same thing happens, the computer won't even let me keep the increased HT Speed, they just reset it back to 200.

I think it was all the improper shutdowns, because my windows will start off normally then my windowsblind skin won't load, and when I try to load it the computer just shuts down.

My computer works find with 200HTx13LDT(x12LDT stock) or 216Htx12. When I try any set up that would result in more than 2600MHZ the comptuer refuses to let me boot correctly. I suspect that its a BIOS error but I have the latest version of the BIOS flashed on it.

Comp Specs in sig.

Are you just trying to bump it up that high without stability testing? You have to go slowly and raise vcore to compensate for higher speeds, you do know that right?

Besides what he said i think part of the problem is your mobo. To answer your original question i believe all FX chips are unlocked. (excluding the FX-51)

as with gara if ur just saying ok its an fx-53 lets make it a fx-57 it probebly won't work. ur gonna have to see how far it wants to go and slowly raise the vcore. first read the overclocking sticky at the top if u havn't already

I do use stability test, I can get it up to 2.6ghz (same settings as fx-55) but the computer won't even boot if I set it any higher than that.

Yes...but have you tried raising vcore

Stability testing is a two step process...to determine the maximum plateau of stability at a specific vcore and tweaking your core to increase that plateau

Yes I have raised the Vcore, not by alot though, only about .10v.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom