2x 6600gt or 1x 6800 gt

Status
Not open for further replies.
i heard one guy say one reason BFG is good is because of the lifetime warranty. Well i would also like to point out that EVGA also has lifetime warranty on their cards now too, so one more reason to get the EVGA

Trifid said:

If you have some money left over 2gb's is starting to become the normal for gaming computers. It is best to get 2 1gb sticks over 4x 512.

Forever it has been that 1Gb is better than 2Gb for gaming and the only times to ever need 2Gb is for video editing, etc. Since when is it now better to have 2Gb for gaming? Even when I play BF2 I am still not using 100% of my 1Gb of RAM. Please explain your thoughts on why 2Gb is better now and not slower like it always has been in the past.

if you were to run BF2, and fear at max graphics, all details, then you would need 2 gigs of ram to prevent freezing. And see thats you own a 6200 i know your not runnin BF2 at full. When your runnin fear at high settings with 1 gig, you will get some freezing because almost all you ram is being used. When minimized fear and check how much ram was free, i only had 80 MB free, and all these newer games that come out will need more ram as well. That is why people are starting to recommend 2 gigs over 1.

Okay so right now I'm sitting on a BFG 7800 GTX OC and an MSI K8N Neo4 motherboard that I got a couple days ago and haven't installed yet. Are you telling me that after I install these and run BF2 and FEAR at the highest settings, my computer will freeze if I don't have 2Gbs of memory? I'm not trying to call you out, now I'm really concerned that I need to go buy more memory!!

it could lock for a second or two when goin into a new map in those games. Or when just startin off in the game, it would freeze a bit as the ram is tryin to load the map up. It's not going to be mad freezing and lock ups but you could see some freezing. Try i out and see how it does.

Is FEAR a good game? I really want to play some good games but my pc is holding me back grr!

lazerman said:
Is FEAR a good game? I really want to play some good games but my pc is holding me back grr!

Well u will have some problems with that setup, esp with your video card. Check the min requirements.

lazerman said:
fear is an awesome game, i been playin it since the demo first came out and bought the full version the day it was released. when i run the graphics tests to test the settings i average 76 fps and max at 169 fps on my 6800gt with the settings at 2X AA and 16X AF, great game

I've only got 1gb of RAM and I never notice any freezes within FEAR or BF2...that isn't to say they aren't RAM hogs cause they sure as hell are, simply saying I haven't experienced what you're talking about.

The only part that I can vouche for is that whole 'loading up in memory' because for the first couple minutes of FEAR (never happened in BF2) it would be choppy, then smooth up the rest of the game, so yeah it was definitely loading it up there in the beginning.

I never played it at 16xAF though, never tried, only did 4x AF for me and except in the difference between AMD and intel our specs are similar.

I was running my 6800GT at 440/1200 while playing FEAR but then I recently have been running it at 450/1200 for 24/7 use...RAM is at DDR500 at 2.5-3-3-7-1T and CPU is AMD 3200+ venice at 2.5GHz

u should have no problem at 16X af, since i put new drivers in it only glitches at the beginnin, go run it at 16X af and run the performance test, see how it does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom