how's my setup?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiyotaka

In Runtime
ASUs K8N socket 754
AMD Athlon 64 3200+
1gb (512X2 patriot dual channel kit)
2x 200mb Maxtor sata drives (setup as raid 0)
1 80gb Maxtor drive (IDE) setup as dual boot for Linux and also has an NTFS partition for storage or general use.
Thermaltake Armor Black case
Geforce 6800GT 1000mhz GDDR3 (AGP)
evercool WC-202 water cooling unit (no water block on the VGA card as not possible until i find a compatible block.)

internal USB powered 15 in one card reader (black)
dual layer 16x Lite on DvD write (Black)

I allready have it.. Just wondering what i can upgrade With the socket 754 architecture.. I think the 6800 GT is probably the last AGP card that will be available from the looks of it :/..

I know i can Upgrade the ram to Kingston HyperX 2 -1gb Dual channel kit

The processor/motherboard is outdated but it really depends on what you are using it for.

Strictly gaming and watching anime pretty much.. I allready have a comp i use for general browsing and That i keep my larger media files on.

Only thing i can think of other than memory is to buy a better moniter that supports 2048 in a good refresh, and a logitech 5.1 speaker system.. can't recall name off hand but it has a wireless remote and costs approx 250

I can't afford to make the jump to 939/PCI-E (as that requires about $1000 for the parts i'd want

$150ish for board
$400 for the X2 proc
$250 for a single Card that i will get another and SLI later
$150 for a good power supply that can handle those

at the moment.. I just spent $300 on the 6800 recently and i'm still paying that off.

Right Now getting a car takes priority over this.. Hopefully saving up 5k for a Eclipse turbo GSR

That's pretty sick... both the comp and the car you wanna get. I'm looking into an RX-7. ROTARY POWER BABY!!

Try saving for a WRX, building the ultimate gaming pc, and upgrading my M4 to 430 fps (airsoft)....and PAYING FOR IT YOURSELF!! lol go wit the GST it'll blow your mind

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom