Computer takes 5 hours to boot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
you are also unplugging the floppy and cd/dvd drives, right? also, like was stated by the other guy the one thing he said I agree with is to take the MBD out of the case on a static free (example, NOT the carpet) setting and boot that way. That will ensure it is not grounding out to the case. I kind of doubt this is the problem now, but you could try and see. No offense about not agreeing with the other things, but you listed software problems, and as its not even begining the boot process... well, go figure ;) Also, the issue seems like it could possibly be CPU related as that is the first thing it checks, by a few test CPU clock ticks and checking the NVRAM configs. hope this makes sense, but rushing this writing.

i mean i just ran prime95 for about 1 hour and its stable. i dunno ran all my virus scans spybot ad aware etc. well i booted with my cd drive i just plugged everythign in hit the power button and waited 2 hours lol. ill try the mobo out of the case thing tonight :D

Juice daddy LOL ...good one.

PC could be infected, how does it boot up in safe mode. ?
did you check event viewer ?
how about task manager, performance tab ? a normall running machine that is idle should show 0 - 3% cpu usage. If you are showing 10% or higher, constantly...you have malware or a broken program running in the background.

do you have an 80 wire IDE cable? if not, that could be slowing your hard drive down.

also, is S.M.A.R.T enabled?
disable it if it is.

I don't think it's the PSU, otherwse it would just be crashing randomly.

test your memory with memtest, to rule out bad RAM

also, you said you can swap the video card between a TNT2 and a Radeon 9800. that would be very strange unless the board is an AGP 2x/4x board only. if it supported 8x, it would not support 2x and therefore not be able to run the TNT2

what board did you say you had again?

the TNT2 is 4x

i have an MSI K8N NEO2-plat with an sata150 hdd seagate barracuda to be exact :D

i have smart disabled, im going to run memtest for a while.

my cpu without touching anything is 0% usuage lol

ok, i just ran memtest and at 60% i found an error AHHHHHH!!!!
should i RMA my ram? get better ram :D

found 2 errors

EDIT 3 errors

no, this is all on stock i believe cause i had to reset the CMOS

i quit after 25 errors LOL let me check
'
yes this is on stock :D lol why am i happy looks like i need some new ram

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom