• ATI

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Geforce

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG. Stealing my thunder. WHAT HAVE I BEEN SAYING THIS WHOLE TIME?!

Beefcake said:
Exactlly once programmers know how to use the Cell it's going to be great.

OMG, thats exactly what I've been trying to say in this whole thread.

Flanker said:
OMG. Stealing my thunder. WHAT HAVE I BEEN SAYING THIS WHOLE TIME?!

OMG, thats exactly what I've been trying to say in this whole thread.

I know, and what I've been saying was that the first-generation of games on the new consoles are not going to use all of the power of these systems.

Beefcake said:
I know, and what I've been saying was that the first-generation of games on the new consoles are not going to use all of the power of these systems.

THATS ALSO WHAT I'VE BEEN SAYING.

The whole argument was about the processing power of the Cell vs. that of the PC, or of future PCs... Thats that 6/7 of this thread have been about.

Guys, it wont take until 2020 or whenever to get a computer with 218 gigaflops of power. Lookey Here . You can buy this sucker with 76.6 gigaflops, only 1/3 of the PS3.

Vybuni said:
Guys, it wont take until 2020 or whenever to get a computer with 218 gigaflops of power. Lookey Here . You can buy this sucker with 76.6 gigaflops, only 1/3 of the PS3.

Excellent.

But see, the Dual Core *5s are not a PC. Games don't run on them. They're a totally different thing from PCs. The way a *5 works is way different from the way our home PCs work. For example; Did you know you can't overclock a *5? Thats because the way it functions is totally different.

Its something like that with the Cell proecssor as well. Its a totally different architecture but this one just isn't right for PCs. It works EXCELLENTLY on a console designed around the processor though.

I understand you point though that it is based on different architecture. My point is that we can get a computer that can have that power in the near future, so it should be a smaller step to create a processor from one actually based around a computer, than to create one from something completely different, like the cell. I personally like both PCs and consoles, for different playing different kinds of games, and Im not gonna bash either one, but I perfer computers because of the control I have over it (id like to see someone overclock an Xbox360 ;) ), and id like to see someone download music off of PS3 or Xbox .

So can the Xbox 360 CPU be implemented into computers? I don't want to read through all this fighting.

Ok, I admit, you're right. We can have a COMPUTER that will equal the power of the cell, but then again, we have servers using the Cell processor so its not that different.

As for having a PC that you can play games on...that'll take a while. Macs have traditionally been overachievers in the proecssor area, abd Intel and AMD processors cannot hope to match their power right now.

I like both PCs and consoles too and basically for the same reasons as you. I just built a $1200 PC 2 months ago and I intend on upgrading it even now. Even when I have a console, I'll be making my PC better. But I'm just saying that the consoles shouldn't be put out of the question. These things destroy our PCs in power.

lazerman said:
So can the Xbox 360 CPU be implemented into computers? I don't want to read through all this fighting.

Probably. Xbox360 uses 3 Dual-Core PowerPC-based processors. They're a bit more PC-friendly and it will take a while; but people just don't see the need for that much power in a PC. One Dual-Core PowerPC is good enough for most people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom