Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Geforce

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pepsiboy700 said:
The more responses that are added to this thread, the more i regret asking this cause now i feel like not buying a pc. I feel sick to my stomach :(

Yea, I agree with what TSHF said. I'm not gonna tell you, "GET THIS CONSOLE, OMGz ITS GONNA PIZZOWN." Actually, I hate people that do that. Instead, I'm giving you the specs so that you can decide for yourself. Everyone needs a PC, thats universal. But as for the question of whats better for gaming; Its the console (ok, so the controls suck, but you get used to em).

And just for the record. PS3 does 218 gigaflops, not 2 Teraflops. I was wrong and I already corrected myself. As for the Xbox vs. PS3 question; The XBOX360 Magazine ITSELF said that the PS3 blows the X360 out of the water with raw power.

lazerman said:
Can't the Xbox 360 CPU be implemented into our computers soon?

Anyways, most of the PS3 game previews at E3 looked pre-rendered. Also, at the time of E3, Sony didn't even have a working cell processor at all. It was still just a design. They were making huge claims with no proof.

DUDE, read up. This was asked what, 3 times already?

And yea, your second paragraph is true.

Actually I was just talking about that the 360 has my favor but I still perfer PC. Then you start calling me a idiot noob asshole for not wanting the PS3 over the 360 so I was just responding. The PC is better because of the features, gameplay, community, and the controls.

Beefcake said:
Sure you can't take a ps3 and pull out the Cell and plug it into a PC; but they can take the architecture of the Cell and implement it into a PC CPU.

And yet again you prove your ignorance.

Its the architecture that keeps it from being implemented in a PC. :p

Hah. You show me YOUR sources since you claim its possible lol. Sounds like your talking out of your *insert body part here* right now.

Try googling it cause I honestly don't remember. All I can learn is what other people say cause I am just some guy from Ohio. But anyways I don't think that it will take that long to develop a CPU that equals or if not better then the cell. Show me your sources if you can remember.

Beefcake said:
"However, whenever you look at console technical specs, you also have to take them with a whole truckload of salt since the game console market has a long history of making a big deal out of numbers that don't really matter, or even making up numbers that have a tenuous grasp on reality."

So what if the cell has 2 teraflops, it isn't going to help that much no matter what you say. I think that the cell could be better then the multi-core but I will have to wait and see cause it says that "You might be able to call the Cell's SPEs overgrown math units, but we think Sony's Cell processor wins from a brute power perspective".
Does anyone remember the... "Emotion Engine"?

The Cell was designed to be a gaming console processor. IBM and Sony (with Toshiba) spefecifically had IBM design the processor for them on the spot
The Cell isn't going to be used in just the PS3, it's going to be in other electronic products, too.

CrimsonGX said:
The Cell isn't going to be used in just the PS3, it's going to be in other electronic products, too.

I know. Toshiba is going to use it in their TVs and stuff. But no PCs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom