x850pro awesome deal i got!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
waynejkruse10 said:
the 6600gt is still a very good card, why did you trade it for a card thats only a tiny bit better (and in some peoples opinion - a bit worse than) your old card.

Thats what I'm wondering! The X850 Pro is a bit faster in the Source engine as well as DX8 games, but when it comes to OpenGL and shader-intensive DX9 games, the 6600 GT pwns it!

ok i realize u must not know much about video cards here as i mean when i flash it to x850xt then it shall own ur 6800gt and 6800 ultra. also x850xt,s texiles per second will be 8000, what now!!

the 6800gt texiles per second are 5600.... x850 pro texiles per second are 6140 i dont see the 6800gt beating it maybe in doom 3 only becasue that game its self is known best on nvidia.and these texiles per second ratings are with all stock clocks so just go ahead and imagine and overclock. and 1 main reason i put this card in mind is becasue i have seen the core overclock to 615mhz from 500mhz with the artic silencer, and i belive ive seen its memory goto 1.15ghz or some where around there i belive

look my video card has 128 mb of memory that blows i scored around 4100 with it in 3dmark 05 and i couldnt even run this japanese hi end benchmark or anything over 1024/768 it always ran out of video memory. and plus i should be scoring some were around 5000 with the new car which is 256 bit memory interface and its 256 mb the 6600gt was ok at first until the hi end games started coming out this year and im really seeing the pull on the 6600gt. and plus i have a chance of unlocking this x850 pro to a x850xt pe

remeber 6800gt 5600 texils per second!!ok x850pro 6140 again 6140 now tell me guys how is this barley an upgrade from a 128mb 6600gt? that got like 4500 texiles on 128mb of memory

I sense a flamewar.

Anyways for 220$ you honestly got scammed paying that price for that card. And nowadays a 6800GT or Ultra beats an XTPE in most things.

What good is the 8 Gpixels/sec fill rate if ATI can't design decent drivers for the card and over half of the games out right now are heavily optimized for Nvidia cards?

i dont really mind ATI drivers, but i probably didnt notice the crappy performance because of drivers because my 9200se is already crappy enough.

Yeah, ATI's drivers are the worst. Plus, don't count on playing a game with decent settings upon release. It usually takes months before ATI gets their drivers optimized for new titles while Nvidia is ready to play out of the box for the most part. Some titles never work well on ATI cards because there just isn't driver support. Ever tried maxing out "Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic 2" on an ATI card? I bet you can't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom