CPU Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Kid

In Runtime
Hello all, and thanks for havin intrest or heart to help me.

My problem is that my computer keeps telling me that it failed a cpu test. Though my pc runs just fine. But the second i open up a game, even if its loading the login client. And not the actua game, it goes beserk. Ive tried it with many different games, but the second i open any game, it starts repeating itself over the speakers with cpu test failed.

So i guess what im asking, is there a way i can check my pc for bad hardware? Or a bad bios, or something going faulty.

The Mobo i have comes with a bios that notifys you when something is awry. Its a ausu a78nx-e delux, but the whole 178nx models have the same thing. Now ive read on the asus faqs, that sometimes the bios is faulty, and should be updated. But id like to stay on the safe side, and if we can find out the hardware is fine, then could someone explain to me like im a first grader, what i need to do to update my bios, or whatever is needed to shut the voice up.

And if i rambled to much, or none of this makes sense, please tell me. :)

I had this problem on my ASUS, but it was a different model and I got the message for a different reason. However, when I was looking for information, I came across a thread in a forum that was several pages long, filled with people having the same problem as you. Here's the link:

http://www.hardwareanalysis.com/content/topic/18608/

I never did finish reading the entire thread, but it looks like it has to do with either the power supply or your bios. One person simply unplugged the speaker wire. But read through that, and you should get a good idea of what to do.

Hope that helps.

Thats crazy, as i used to have small power supply,that might have damaged the equipment. But never the less, i shall read it!

Thank you very much :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom