How much to pay for a processor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

True_Orb

Daemon Poster
I am browsing for stuff for my new comp, and I found a $350 difference between the AMD 64 Retail and the AMD FX.
Is the FX a pricy overclocked version or is there actually a significant difference?

I don't dare ask the question "AMD or P4?" :)

Is it worth buying for a new comp, I have heard that 64 bit is not supported by anything and therefore pretty useless...whatever that means.

the amd 64 can run both 32 and 64 bit applications and is the better price I woudlent go with the fx51 because it is allot more expensive for not too signifigant of an increase in performance though there is a noticable difference. If you want to go 64 go with the amd 64 3400+ it is not as expensive as the fx and you dont have to buy ecc registered memory etc but will offer allot of performance

as for memory a 32 bit pc can address 4 gb where as a 64 bit could have a terabite (though that wont happen anytime soon)

Eye see.

Well, by the looks of things I will stick with something other than the 64 then.

I would go with a 64 if I were you just not the fx 51 the 3200+ and the 3400+ are the performing and cost friendly chips on the market and thats what you should go with

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom