Problem: No Sound

Status
Not open for further replies.

yob

Beta member
Well, after transfering all the hardware from one computer case to another for someone else, we noticed the sound was no longer working. Before this, we tryed to rid the system of several viruses and adware.

Adaware recognized about 300 objects, but the ones that had to be deleted at reboot were not dealt with. Also, after all this, my friend informed me he removed about 600 objects with a virus scanner. This leeds to me believe it might be virus related. Is it at all likely that this could be the culprit?

My main fear is that, as I was not wearing an anti-ESD braclet while working on the computer, and I wasnt touching the power supply the whole time, I may have fried the sound. My friend has onboard audio, would it be possible to fry only that part of the mobo? How would I know if I did if I did?

Also, in device manager there were no yellow !s in sound, video and game controllers in device manager. He is using windows XP.

Thanks

did you download the latest drivers either from the cd that came with your mobo or online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom