OC'ing an ATI Radeon 9550

Status
Not open for further replies.

Counter-Strike

Daemon Poster
Ok so whats up.

I have a back-up Dell in case anything goes wrong with my build I have right now. The Dell has one 120mm case fan, which a shaft over it that directs air over the HS/CPU. Now my Radeon sits to the right of the fan, of which the 9550 has no cooling. Now if I were to use ATI Tool and let it auto-detect max core and frequency, could I do that and then link it to RadLinker? I figured it would be a cool project I could try. For example, yesterday before I went to bed I got it to 319mhz core, 250mhz memory before I aborted it. Now that is from stock 250/200. Would I be ok if I let ATI Tool do it for me?

Oh and BTW, I have ATI's SoftModded Catalyst 5.10 Drivers.

First question. If you have a machine like in your sig what are you doing messing w/ a dell? Second question, why in the world would you over clock a radeon 9550? Third questions, why would you try it w/out any proper cooling. Get some aftermarket cooling (if you can) and mount that on there first then try OCing it.

1. Read the post carefully, please.

2. Again in the post, "I figured it would be a cool project I could try"

3. It's a Dell.

I understand you using it as a backup but i dont see how it woud be cool. I guess to see the performance increase? Make it a real project. Do you have any older CPU heatsinks laying around?

get an old cpu heatsink and stick it on ur 9550 :D somone did it and they got good temps. then oc or just get a room fan open up ur case and have that blowing in :p (a friend did this for like 4 days after his cpu fan died rofl)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom