Add/Remove Windows Components

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lizbet214

Solid State Member
I have a Sony Vaio computer and from time to time some of the windows components "go away" somehow, like my spider solitaire game. When I try to use the "add/remove" windows component in the Control Panel, it is like a crap shoot sometimes. Things I don't want removed are gone and things I want added remain uninstalled. I followed the wizard and only checked games (honest, I checked carefully) since my spider solitaire has run off again. That darn wizard deleted my internet explorer and my outlook express right along with everything else and I still do not have my spider solitaire back.

I tried to find the game on my sony recovery disks, but they aren't giving up any secrets either. Any ideas? Thank you.

I have done all that. I have Norton and did scans and also downloaded AVG and did scans with that and Ad-aware and Spybot and you name, I've done it. It only happens once in a while. I would really like to know how to get the spider game back. Any suggestions? Thank you for responding.

Well, I don't understand this, but I did find a copy of the spider game in the service pack files on the C drive. So I made a new shortcut link and I'm good to go. I don't know why the game is not on the game list supplied with windows, but oh well. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom