hdd
cpu
cpu cooler
gfx
gfx cooler
4 case fans
and my psu thats it
ram ;)

i had an anti virus and i had the 5.10 drivers for my 9800pro im not sure what else could be the problem, do you think i should try a new hdd?

Alright your system is very advanced so the steps to install all the devices is crucial.

If you think it is your hard drive get the manufactor software and run a diagnostic on the drive, this software<maxblast,seagate tools,wdd,dft test> will tell you if there are any errors on the drive. Go to the manufacturors web site and they will have the software.
Next like on some of the other replies, the 9800 ati cards need to have the drivers and software installed before installing the card itself.
I think your computer is fine, I am a computer technician and have been giving computer diagnostics for years, and your computer sounds like a quite advanced setup, yes getting it to work anybody can do, but loading the O.S, drivers, and having your CMos setting's all correct is difficult.
So first thing backup your data and format your drive, pull all un needed cards out of the tower, and put the other video card in for just the setup, and put in the 9800 later.
After you have the drive formatted go into bios, and set it to load defaults.
Reboot and spend about an hour making sure you have all the settings right, even if you think there right double check. Especially Memory/cache/cpu/ settings. If not set correctly the hardware and the motherboard cannot communicate correctly and will always be running under it's capabilities.
Next load Windows if your not using XP Professional get a copy, because the 64 bit architeture technology cannot run correctly on XP home, or any other version of windows except for XP64.
Load windows, and after your finished load all the Windows Updates, till the last one.

But if your still having boot problems pull the mobo, out of the case and "bench" the hardware out side of the case. Grounding issues will cause a computer to start but stay idle and not totally go through the boot process. Make sure you unplug the power supply from the mobo, If you had any shorts this will clear the running elecrtrical current running through your computer. If it does boot get into the bios, and go to boot device settings, which you will want to set the first boot device to CD, Oh yeah if you like to keep cd's in the computer when it's booting, I have seen dozens of times this being the reason for no bootup or very slow performance. I hope this helps, If in the end of all this It still isn't working call the manufactuor of the motherboard, and try to RMA it, and get technical support from them, What type of board do you have? Get Asus if this one is bad, the rest are crap.

umm now my computer just wont boot LOL

i have whats in my sig MSI K8N NEo2-plat
seagate barracuda 80GB sata150 hdd.
i forgot the ram :O

and i do not have intergrated, i tried two different video cards and it still wont boot!!

I CANT EVEN GET TO THE BIOS!!!

should i RMA the mobo or the cpu? :confused: who knwos\

the guy above me just kind of confused me?????!?

ok ,my computer finally booted up after leaving it on for about 2 hours. now im leaving it on lol. so what should i do? run virus scans look for spyware and stuff like that. going to update all my drivers.

PZEROFGH said:
could it be my psu?

Have you monitored your voltages recently? Do they seem ridiculously low, even when idle?

Regardless, I'd be inclined to try another PSU to eliminate, well, a faulty power supply.

Once you can get through POST, do what bmaletsky suggested and format your HDD/reinstall your OS. Might or might not have anything to do with your dilemma, but worth a shot imo.

my +3.3V line is at 3.25-3.26 is that bad? my +5 is around +5- +5.03
and my +12 is at 12.46 a little high dont you think?

PZEROFGH said:
+12 is at 12.46 a little high dont you think?

If you're able to manually lower it then do so, something is possibly being overloaded. What are your temps like?

my temps arent that bad. let see im running prime95 right now and my tems are come on MBM5 load up.........34C and 31C for case. so its not overheating im pretty sure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom