Trouble powering PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

boyblundell

Beta member
I am quite a few problems with my other pc. It doesn't want to boot at all, there is a weird noise coming from the power back and the oprange light on the front just flickers, nothing else happens. I went and bought a new power pack, and now that does nothing the computer just doesn't seem to ahve power going to it. The power pack is fine as the fan inside is going round.

Can anyone help me could there be a p[roblem with my hard drive or something,

THanks in advanced Nathan

well if it's not Posting anything at all.. the first things you want to check are A: are all the plugs to the motherboard iN correctly.. The p4 connector and the ATX plug

next make sure your video card is fine and healthy (if you have an onboard video and you're running an AGP card.. ) try pulling the agp card and plug into onboard.

third you may want to try to play with your ram a bit.. Pull a stick and put the other in the first slot.. and vise versa.. (to see if a stick is dead or not)

Troubling No-posts are very difficult. Generally the first things a computer looks for are (in order) Processor, video card, Memory.. if those all work fine it should atleast give a bios screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom