I have no clue what the * I did..

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiyotaka

In Runtime
OK so i was trying to place a new Motherboard in my case.. OK pull out the old one place in the new one.. Only to discover the Power supply cable was too short 5@%@^@^@^@^@. OK so i pull the board and try to put the old one back in .. one of the screws goes SNAP and the head comes off (the screw near the ps/2 jacks in back.
OK so i get a drill. and VERY carefully drill the screw out (as was impossible to get out any other way due to where it was and I have no way to get behind the board on that corner..

so i get it out( damaged the wood on the motherboard very lightly(around the screw hole).. but no damage to the actual circuits or circuit paths

Then i used compressed air heavily to make sure I got all the metal dust out.

So i power up the motherboard .. Nothing no beeps no post no nothing :(.

guess i somehow damaged something.. or just maybe the sparks from the metal killed it. can't quite see how. :(

I gave up and ordered a new board and MOBO.. sempron 64 2800+ and a chaintech Nforce3 board .. but anyone have any ideas??? .. I tried the processor in the other board.. the board posted fine and everything.. and i put it in the case.. It didn't work again :( Not sure what could have possibly happened..

How Could I have killed both the board and the processor.. Just wondering how that's possible.. are both boards dead or should i buy a new proc for the other board.. Not quite sure as I'm baffled.

naw, i used the new one with the same ps ( i just yanked the PS out to run next to the board.. Can't be a wattage issue.. I pulled off all the other devices to avoid damaging them from turning on and off on and off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom