Computer-Dumb's $2500 build.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flanker

Banned
Computer-Dumb, my message was too long for a PM, so I had to post here. Below is the PM I was going to send you.

computer-dumb wrote on 10-27-2005 04:46 PM:
hello...i dont plan on just leaving the forums im gonna stay on here as long as time permits, im not gonna bounce after you our anyone else build me a comp i wont do that dont worry i need more knowledge and im staying here.

Sorry to keep you waiting, I've been busy, but I hope its going to be worth the wait. First of all, let me tell you that the parts I'm going to show you right now are going to be based on my belief that you are ok with overclocking, and these parts will be to max out the performance you get from your system. They will not have any unnecessary parts, however, the system will be able to max out any game out there, especially overclocked.

Motherboard - DFI Lanparty nF4 SLI-DR - $189.

Processor - AMD Athlon 64 4000+ (2.4GHz, 1MB L2 cache). - $334.

Memory - 2 x 1GB OCZ Gold Edition DDR400. - $311.

Video card - eVGA GeForce 7800GTX. - $459.

Hard Drives - 1.) 74GB Western Digital Raptop 10,000 RPM HDD - $162.
2.) 250GB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM SATA150 HDD - $106.

Sound Card - Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeMusic (7.1) Sound Card - $126.

Case - Aspire X-Navigator - $154.

CD/DVD Burner Drives -
1.)NEC Black IDE DVD Burner - $39.
2.)Lite-On Black IDE Combo Drive - $28.

Floppy Drive - Samsung Black Floppy Drive - $8.

Power Supply - FSP Group (Forton Source) 550W Power Supply. - $96.

$2012 wo/ shipping and tax.

I believe thats everything you could possibly need in a case. A few notes about the system; The motherboard is the best one out there, and definately the best one for overclocking; The processor runs at 2.4GHz but is easily overclocked to 2.8GHz and will equal the performance of a FX-57, and will easily surpass it as well; The Memory may seem pricey, but its awesome for overclocking, and those are one of the best and only 2 x 1GB sticks avaliable, they will also run any game at max; The videocard is ofcourse the best one avaliable, it will run any game at max; The 10,000RPM hard drive is incredibly fast and will boot your system in 10 secs, probably; The Sound Card is AMAZING. In battlefield 2, it lets you hear 120+ different sounds at the same time, and its totally worth the price; The Case is amazing. I wish I could recommend it to everyone, but its a bit pricey. You seem to have the money though, so I recommend going with it...it looks good to boot; You could probably drop one of the CD drives if you wanted, but I recommend keeping them; Strange as it may seem, you'll need a floppy drive to install SATA drivers and some other stuff, trust me; the power supply will get you through think and thin. Power Supplies that come with cases are total crap, and 70% of the people that buy that case have a Power supply failure with it. The Forton PSU is awesome and amazingly reliable.

I hope I got everything you wanted. I didn't include shipping, but you have over $400 left over from the $2500 budget, so even with shipping, I don't think it'll be a problem.

Don't go SLi right now. Its a waste of money and its totally useless since just one 7800GTX will max out any game out there. You have the ABILITY to go with SLi in the future though, with that motherboard, so if it turns out that the 7800GTX is getting old (won't happen anytime soon, I'll tell ya that) then you could buy another one. The price will also be much lower by then.

If you have ANY questions, PM me and I'll be happy to help you. I'll make sure to check regularly to answer any questions you have as soon as possible. If you wish, you can also reach me by AIM, my screenname is; DarkFlanker. (Without the period, believe it or not, some people had trouble because they put the period in the end :confused: ).

Good Day.

I acually have a question of my own. Why the two optical drives? For disk to disk burning?

Also I have a possible suggestion, why not just get the Ultra-D and save a bit of money? If he wont be going SLI right away it seems a bit of a waste because by the time the GTX needs to be upgraded newer cards will be out and he might as well buy one of those as it will be better than two GTX's in SLI.

Yeh but what if he wants 2 of those cards that come out?

and im assuming the 2 optical drives coz that burner can only burn cds at 40x, and the combo drive should do them at 52x

Todd0 said:
Yeh but what if he wants 2 of those cards that come out?

and im assuming the 2 optical drives coz that burner can only burn cds at 40x, and the combo drive should do them at 52x
Then that would be a waste of money because who need two bleeding edge graphics cards when one is more than enough? I say Ultra-D all the way.

Acually the NEC burns cd's at 48x so the Lite-On wouldn't be that much faster. Another waste of money IMO.

he wont OC that much so i would get the MSI SLI board and some cheap 2GB of corsair valueselect ram ;)

whats up with the 4000+ why doesnt he get X2, he has another thread named i believe so... and i put a nice system up there.

he has a great soundcard but crappy speakers lol

If anyone else tries to suggest something else, I will kick you in the face. This was supposed to be a PM, not a thread. I made it a thread because it was too long for a PM. I have taken EVERYTHING into account so don't bother adding anything.

Someone close this thread please, I'll talk to conputer-dumb through PMs.

Why didn't you lock the topic when you posted it? You may still be able to, since you're the creator.

Ha, ok I wont suggest anything but could you just tell me why you chose two optical drives because I am curious?

j4ckaL said:
Ha, ok I wont suggest anything but could you just tell me why you chose two optical drives because I am curious?
CD - CD burning also the Ultra-d would be best because there is a mod that includes a Pencil and a ruler to make it into SLI with like a -4% in performance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom