New pc - any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
cheers both of you, im looking to set aside about £150 for the graphics ( a big chunk more than what i paid for my nv geforce4 128mb) and ideally im looking at a 256 card ( o know its more about the gpu these days but id rather kill 2 birds with one stone if budget allows) so im just checking my opions.

so thats 266 USD? lol i dont think im doing this currency conversion thing right.

im thinking hmm a 6800GT will be aroun 300 USD that will be too much you can settle with a 6800

please dont get any of the X8** series from ATi sense they suck stick with the 6*** series from nvidia sense it has SM3 and not just a waste of money.

yeah ill certainly give those 2 a look if i can afford pci-e (no reason why i shouldnt)

I guess a lot depends on how my fundraising goes. I got a little payrise and im actually getting rather a lot of bonuses too so if i9t keeps up i might even go a little higher.

Lookin good at the mo, thanks to both of you

Thats crazy! I have a 64 3000 754 and my bro has a 478 2.8 intel. Ha. Also i have 512mb and ati 9550 (like 9600)

Well overall my pc is WAY better (he has 512 and 9200)

My processer is so much faster, better at multitasking, and gaming!

Get that system AMD 64 3000+, 512mb ddr400, ati 9600.

If you said you could get that for that price then thats great. If you can afford more £$£ then get a nvidia 6600gt.

Morgster (im new)

morgster said:
Why do you assume pci-e?????
He was looking at a 754 mobo, only a few 754 mobo's have pci-e.

Because any new pc build should include PCI-E as AGP is being phased out, and it's becoming increasingly harder to buy an AGP graphics card from a retailer now..

Oh and btw, his budget increased so he should be able to go s939 now.

Thats all good, its just he said 754 at start.
Ok then we got 939! yay, ha.

So get a amd 64 3000 venice, 512mb ddr400, 6600gt
Can he afford that?

How much is his budget?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom