Not open for further replies.

Harper

"I FEEL SO GOOD I FEEL SO NUMB, YEAH!!!"
I have an AMD Athlon

On the core, it says the following :-
AMD Athlon
A13333AMS3C
AYHJA 0123EPQW

Is this CPU an AMD Athlon 1300, or is it a1000.

My computer it detecting it at 1000? And if it is a 1000, then why do i have A13333AMS3C on the cpu

bradybnmci said:
not sure why truthfully.
Have you tried setting your bios to optimal ?
I will give that a go tomorrow when i have some more time.

I do know that i will need to update the BIOS as there are some features on the newer bios that I need.

I do feel that I need to kick the FSB from 200 to 266

Athlon 1.0 runs at FSB 200
Athlon 1.33 runs at FSB 266

PLZ correct me if I am wrong in my thinking.

Over all, if I can not do it, I am not fussed as all this PC is there for is to watch Dvix.

SHAWN said:
Change the fsb to 133
Will give that a go tomorrow

waynejkruse10 said:
those 7vm400m/am/m-rz are bad news. Be careful with it.
I have add one or 2 come back on RMA. And I know there was a bad batch after they got released down here. But what else should I be concerned with?

me and my friends have know of 4 occurances that that board (7vm400m) has either failed or developed a serious fault.

Once it happened to me - it developed an intermittant fault, sometimes turned on, sometimes didnt.

Once it happened to a friend of mine - completely died.

Once it happened to a friend of a friend of mine - not sure, but it either died or developed a fault

Once it happened to a neighbor - completely died.

Its really turned me off Gigabyte.

As I sead, there was a bad batch of them.

If I could, I would rather one of the non RZ series of this motherboard. But it not like I got a choice.

Besides, as of next month, I think you are going to be finding Socket A motherboards getting harder to find as a lot of the disty are no longer going to be importing them into the country.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom