• Hardware

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Software

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Xula said:
Hundreds of choices? If it's custom-made, well, it should be unlimited choices!

Laser cut? Well, that sounds pretty expensive...but would be well worth it, if you could have any design you wanted, while being reasonable with the cost!

Ultimate shape though...that's tough...too tough for me. Probably would change from time to time, as in when I get my next case. Actually...that should be pretty soon...hmm!

Hmmm, unlimited choices would be difficult all things considered. There would be hundreds of choices for windows and fan guards. Several initial colors of plexiglass would help round out the choices.

Initial cost of product projections were unexpectantly low at around $30.00 over the case cost for the simplistic windows. More complex windows would of course cost proportionally more. The extra cost would be dependant on time to cut, and time to assemble. The whole idea is to offer an exceptional product at a reasonable cost.

Trifid said:
As a window on the side of the case, I don't really like it, as I like to see the 'bare circuits' (yeah, I watched futurama today :p) But I think it would look cool on the top/front of the case. But anyway, it is too expensive, and in my eyes not worth it. It would probally cost the same as a AMD X2 4400 or something like that.

Here are a couple more pics to wet your appetite. The first is of the top window with a fireball chimney fan,

Top.jpg

and the second is the mirrored windowed right hand side.

Rightside700.jpg

If I can't offer this at a reasonble enough cost, then it will not be worth the effort. Affordability is a large factor in this business plan.

The machine used to do this is pretty big, and it ain't cheap!

I don't know about the cost of laser vs the cost of water production, but I do know that you use what you have. If you have a laser cutter, then you go with that. If you have a water-cutter, you go with that. Both work.
Initial cost of product projections were unexpectantly low at around $30.00 over the case cost for the simplistic windows. More complex windows would of course cost proportionally more. The extra cost would be dependant on time to cut, and time to assemble. The whole idea is to offer an exceptional product at a reasonable cost.
Time to cut? We can cut out an entire kitchen from a slab in about thirty minutes. It takes longer to program in how to cut it.

Time to assemble? Cuts from the top and off-side of a case would require some assembly, as well as possible welding. Don't forget machining the edges of the cut to remove the sharp edges, as well as cleaning the parts after machining.

Trotter said:
The machine used to do this is pretty big, and it ain't cheap!

I don't know about the cost of laser vs the cost of water production, but I do know that you use what you have. If you have a laser cutter, then you go with that. If you have a water-cutter, you go with that. Both work.

Time to cut? We can cut out an entire kitchen from a slab in about thirty minutes. It takes longer to program in how to cut it.

Time to assemble? Cuts from the top and off-side of a case would require some assembly, as well as possible welding. Don't forget machining the edges of the cut to remove the sharp edges, as well as cleaning the parts after machining.

Thank you for your working input on large cutting machines. This type of information is invaluable.

YouÂ’re right of course; time to cut will be minimal compared to actual setup time. Even if we have the CNC code already created for each window we sell. The good thing is that the laser will only need to know how to cut a couple of widths of steal and aluminum.
Cutting the acrylic sections will be easier I think as you just “print” to those types of lasers, no CNC or * code involved.

The sweet thing about cutting metal with lasers is that there is no required machining of the edges afterwards, the cut is just that clean. Cleanup of materials is also very minimal to non-existent.

Eh...if I were to get any sort of custom modded window I'd definetely pick out one of those reservoir windows and modify it so that it's more durable

I pretty much prefer an actual window rather than a specific design because I like looking in my case for one reason or another

I kind of agree with Gaara; the cuts in the metal aern't as appealing as glass designs. I guess what you're doing would be in between a regular case (least appealing) and a windowed case (very appealing). Personally, I like looking into my case and having blue cathodes and lights and all that stuff in there.

But if given the choice; As long as the price was reasonable, I'd get one. As for the ultimate design; The examples you show, while they're the fanciest, are perhaps too complex. Personally, I'm not that into dragons. You'll probably have more success with geometric designs than crazy dragons.

This is appealing.

nice concept but I like seeing the insides as well unless you make them with less detial and make it so you can see more of the insides.

gaara said:
Eh...if I were to get any sort of custom modded window I'd definetely pick out one of those reservoir windows and modify it so that it's more durable

I pretty much prefer an actual window rather than a specific design because I like looking in my case for one reason or another

We will be offering hundreds of different windows, from the simplistic to the elaborate. Let me offer up this URL with this disclosure. This web site is non-operational. We are selling nothing tangible at this time. We are offering only ideas, and looking for your feedback.
Also, for legal reasons, we are not offering any copyrighted material.
http://www.sotacs.com/shop/store/listCategoriesAndProducts.asp?idCategory=28
Let me know if you see anything you might consider.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom