Think about putting another $400 into my Comp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crazed_climber

Baseband Member
You gotta love these threads eh? The ones that ask such easy questions and alot of you are probally thinking, "Dude Search the forum!" well I have, but im looking at a comparison of updading components and how much it will help improme my frames per second and game quality.

First off this is what I have:
Athlon 64 3500+ (Winchester)
Kingston 1Gb (2X512mb) valueram
Leadtek Winfast 6600GT (agp)
A8V Deluxe
And z-5500 speakers

What should I get so I can play games at higher settings, for example fear, battlefield2 and quake 4. I was thinking a new video card, maybe save up a bit more for a 7800 or would you suggest getting a 6800 ultra and maybe like some more memory. I know I gotta get pci-E so I figure this is probally a good time to get it.

Thanks for your imput,

Scotty

I would reccomend the eVGA 7800gt for $340 and the DFI Lanparty ut nf4 ultra-d for $130. Then save up and invest in another GB of ram.

1) another gig of ram

2) 6800GT

300+100=400 dollar upgrade

sell them 6600GT on ebay or something or to me cause im looking for one :D

yea I was looking that that motherboard and I was pretty sure I would get it if If/when I upgrade to Pci-e. And just on a side note, do you know of any places that ship to canada, or I might just buy it locally.
And PZEROFGH, I think I might do that after I upgrade the videocard and yea I thinking of selling my present video card on ebay. When I do ill send ya a PM if your still intrested then.

Crazed_climber said:
You gotta love these threads eh? The ones that ask such easy questions and alot of you are probally thinking, "Dude Search the forum!" well I have, but im looking at a comparison of updading components and how much it will help improme my frames per second and game quality.

First off this is what I have:
Athlon 64 3500+ (Winchester)
Kingston 1Gb (2X512mb) valueram
Leadtek Winfast 6600GT (agp)
A8V Deluxe
And z-5500 speakers

What should I get so I can play games at higher settings, for example fear, battlefield2 and quake 4. I was thinking a new video card, maybe save up a bit more for a 7800 or would you suggest getting a 6800 ultra and maybe like some more memory. I know I gotta get pci-E so I figure this is probally a good time to get it.

Thanks for your imput,

Scotty

You won't find a 6800GT for AGP.

I suggest you first of all get another gig of Kingston ValueRAM (~$95?). After that, sell your 6600GT AND you motherboard on eBay, then buy a PCIe motherboard, and a 6800GT PCie videocard.

yea, I wasn't planning on getting a new apg videocard. I think ill save up a bit more and get a 7800gt cuz the reviews I have seen seem to show that the 7800gt rocks the 6800 series and get another gig of valueram. And by the way I think I might just get it locally. For anyone that lives in vancouver
anitec.ca and as most of you who live here probally know ncix.com are awesome sites and have lots of locations in vancouver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom