uh oh...will my monitor cramp my system?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea i have an LCD... althought it's 1024x768, it seems fine to me. I love the fact that it doesn't hurt my eyes over prolonged periods of time like CRT's do. I play on upgrading sometime too a 19" or 17" LCD with a 1280x1024 res and no ghosting. Stick with LCD.

I will not get a LCD because of the next generation

Its called SED "surface-conduction electron-emitter display"

It gives the same high refresh rates and resolution (and brightness) that CRTs have but the screen is thin and consumes less power.

Here's a pic of one that should be out this year:

toshiba_ifa_2005_sed_tv.jpg

If you get an LCD, it will look great at 1280x1024, and there will be no need to up it to 1600x1200. I have a 19" LCD and I am very happy with it for the most part. One problem with LCDs that I consider to be greater than the inability to go to 1600x1200, is the lack of a decent picture at 1024x768, which is the standard for games now. If you have a video card that can max games out on 1280x1024, this shouldn't be a problem to you though, and with those 7800s, you shouldn't see this problem for a while.

i'm just going to stick with what i have, and wait until the new wave of monitors comes out (probably a couple years). Thanks for the help everyone.

my 19inch sony flatscreen monitor displays at 1280x1024 max, so I dunno about those high figures. Unless you're talking about CRT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom