AMD advertising is not right!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guapo said:

1) One more thing to look at. The AMD XP 3200+ is not nearly as fast as the AMD 64 3200+. They both have the same "3200" rating and they both run at 2.2Ghz, but the former is definitely slower.

2) Intel does this too. They have a 3.2 Northwood & Prescott cores. Some Northwoods run at 533Mhz and some run at 800Mhz. The Prescott doubles their cache and adds other stuff to the chip. Plus they have some Northwoods that are called Extreme Editions. Mind you, all have the 3.2 rating, but there are so many different versions and their performance all varies so drastically.

1) they are both the same speed, only difference is the fact that the 64-bit can run 64-bit apps and address more memory, as far as speeds and cache go, they are the same

2) the extreme edition has 2MB of L2 cache as opposed to the normal edition's 512K

Dimitri said:
AMD all the way... Intel is just not right, with their trimonopoly with Microsoft and Dell... Its wrong...

if intels suck so bad, why do the AMDs have to compare themselves with the intels? and why are the intels selling so good? the simple fact is, you cannot say that just because the AMD runs a more complex instruction set that it can run twice as fast at a lower CPU speed, yes the different instructions sets do run at different speeds, but not enough to make up the difference in CPU clock speed and FSB speed

they have to compair because they are bigger and that is what more people understand . they are selling so well because they were there first and have deals with major corperations. yes becasue they run more complex stings does make them work better in some areas granted not all but most (gaming) and if you think that amd sucks so badly why does it almost allways out perform an intel chip in its respective class at a much lower cost even the new prescot p4e got beat by the amd 64 3200

I have 3 amd's (one being a laptop)
I also have 3 intels(one being a laptop) p4's and they dont even compair to amd

When Intel came out with the 800Mhz FSB, they became a better chip and the AMD XP's couldn't keep up with them. HOWEVER, that was only short lived because the new 64 bit CPU's blow the doors off all the Intels. Wait till the spring/summer when the 64 bit Windows comes out. It'll be all over then.

amd643200+ said:
I have 3 amd's (one being a laptop)
I also have 3 intels(one being a laptop) p4's and they dont even compair to amd

are you saying a xp-m is better than a p4-m? i heard intel has the better notebook processor. i would rather get a p4-m 2.4Ghz laptop than a xp-m 2500 laptop from what i hear from reviews. actually i would most like to get a centrino, any of them. they are so expensive though.

64 AMD's hardly blow the door off the Pent's.Better yes but for a hell of a lot more dollar's.I really dont think folks that like old cheaper is better AMD's is gonna follow the new a little bit better preformance for 400 dollar's.

AMD's best is hundreds and hundreds less than Intel's best.

As far as notebooks go, it's all about Intel. The Centrino barely sips the power.

However, AMD is set to release their 64 bit mobile. Could be interesting.

Guapo said:
When Intel came out with the 800Mhz FSB, they became a better chip and the AMD XP's couldn't keep up with them. HOWEVER, that was only short lived because the new 64 bit CPU's blow the doors off all the Intels. Wait till the spring/summer when the 64 bit Windows comes out. It'll be all over then.

lol the 64-bit OS (longhorn) wont be out till late 2k5, sorry boys

and BTW no, the AMD doesnt "blow the doors off of the intel" the 64-bit intel chip is still in development, and it will be released with longhorn

Yes, Intel has a 64 bit chip in development... allegedly. Who knows how long it'll take them to release it though. 2005 you say? AMD will have a firm hold on the market by then. Intell better chop chop or they'll be left behind.

UT2003 has a 64 bit version. Everything I've heard indicates Windows XP will release a 64 bit version in the next few months. I'm not talking about Longhorn.

And yes, AMD's 64 bit processor outperforms Intels in 32 bit applications.

Guapo said:
1) Yes, Intel has a 64 bit chip in development... allegedly. Who knows how long it'll take them to release it though. 2005 you say?

2) AMD will have a firm hold on the market by then. Intell better chop chop or they'll be left behind.

3) UT2003 has a 64 bit version. Everything I've heard indicates Windows XP will release a 64 bit version in the next few months. I'm not talking about Longhorn.

4) And yes, AMD's 64 bit processor outperforms Intels in 32 bit applications.

1) the Intel chip is called the Itanium, it has been in development for a while, but its not going to be released (to buy separately) until longhorn comes out

2) there will be no market until a 64-bit OS is realeased

3) there already is a 64-bit version on winXP, go to microsoft and you can purchase it pre-loaded on a PC with an Itanium chip

4) there have been no official benchmark tests of the Itanium v the AMD 64, and if you can find one, id really like to see it

In short Mr. El-Guapo you need to read up on your crap before you post, most of this would have been true, maybe back in about 4-03, but the 64-bit version of XP has been out for a while, and is only available with the Itanium chip, which means that Intel has the market cornered

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/64bit/evaluation/top5.asp

and

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/64bit/evaluation/top5.asp

see how they say "optimized for the intel itanium processor"

and check this

Windows XP 64-Bit Edition Version 2003 is available from computer manufacturers with the purchase of a new Intel Itanium Processor Family workstation. It is also available to Microsoft Developer Network (MSDN) Universal, Enterprise, Professional, and Operating Systems subscribers via MSDN Subscriber Downloads. Windows XP 64-Bit Edition Version 2003 is only available in an English language version.

Get Windows XP 64-Bit Edition on a New Workstation
Hewlett Packard is currently selling Itanium 2-based workstations with Windows XP 64-Bit Edition installed.

Visit hp.com for more information.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/64bit/howtobuy/default.asp

"alledgedly in development" huh? looks like its been released dood

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom