Good Deal or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Powerslave

Banned
Ok, before you guys go on flaming about 'brand name' computers, I just want to show you one I plan on buying.

here it is http://www.circuitcity.com/rpsm/oid...o/rpem/ccd/productDetailSpecification.do#tabs

it's a compaq yes, but it's a good deal, and unless you find some super big reason aside from 'it's a brand name' I plan on buying it.

Not to sound snotty or anything, but I think this is a good pc.

Ps, I'm upgrading it with an eVGA 6600 gt and another gig of ram.

You could probably find something cheaper.
Also, the frontside bus speed is unavaliable, wouldn't you hate to recieve it and find out it only has 333Mhz fsb?
edit:
I didn't see where it said it's a 3500, so I highly doubt it's a low fsb.
So I guess it's a good buy, as I said you may be able to find one cheaper and possibly better, though.

PcMe said:
You could probably find something cheaper.
Also, the frontside bus speed is unavaliable, wouldn't you hate to recieve it and find out it only has 333Mhz fsb?
edit:
I didn't see where it said it's a 3500, so I highly doubt it's a low fsb.
So I guess it's a good buy, as I said you may be able to find one cheaper and possibly better, though.

cheaper? no man, I've done my homework and I can't find anything cheaper.

PcMe, thats also refurbished, or did you not see that?

Its a good deal. But you can't overclock it.

Ah I didn't see the refurb..
Forget I posted lol, just get the one you linked to, for some reason I thought they were cheaper than that, but it's still a good deal.

RAM speed not listed? [Won't matter if you replace it, but if it's slower, you buy a faster...well, you get the point.] Other than that...probably a decent deal, presuming you don't want to make one.

You'll obviously need a monitor, unless you have one.

And...well, around here, the day after Thanksgiving...everywhere has very good deals...last year, Best Buy and Circuit City both sold computers for $100...though they were limited supply, of course, so you had to wake up at 4 AM and stand in line...lol. Thats where I get my HDDs:)

Just a side note here, looking at Best Buy's ad (that came with newspaper),
$599.98 after rebates for the same thing except it has:
250 gb hdd [vs 200]
ati radeon xpress 200 graphics
17" flat-screen monitor
1GB of memory

Just thought I'd mention it...and that was with no 'shopping around' on my part!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom