Clear Cases

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vybuni

Daemon Poster
For my new build, i am thinking about which case to get. I was looking around on newegg and i found a bunch of clear cases. I was wondering if anyone knows of any problems these might have. Does anyone have any recommendations on it? Im open to non-clear cases as well, but i want a window on teh side. any advice would be appreciated.

i wont be throwing it around and probably wont take it to many lan parties, etc, so that shouldnt be a problem.

The problem is wires. With most cases, there is aplace to hide them. On mine there is behind the motherboard tray, and on the top bay, where the power button and LED thing goes. On these clear acrylic cases, you can see everything, so you can't hide anything. You will have to sleeve every wire in the case, and make sure you have long wires to go round the edge of the case, which is still not very neat. If you have the time, they can look very good.

I too like clear cases. I built a PC for my brother in a clear case that he wanted. It turned out really nice.

The biggest thing you have to think about is wire management. In order for a clear case to look good, you really have to take special care with the wires. We spent about 4 hours just with the wires. We purchase wire sleeving and took our time to make sure everything was absolutely perfect. We used UV reactive sleeving, yellow to be exact with his DFI lanparty motherboard. We bought yellow cold cathodes and a UV cold cathode light. Every single wire in his case is sleeved. A few are hidden, but most of them are
wire tied and visable. We used only yellow UV reactive IDE CABLES & Floppy cables.

This PC came out really nice. But, if you want you're to be nice, spend a lot of time with wire management. Don't rush. Make sure everything looks perfect. Not only will this give you a great look, but it will increase your airflow and your PC will be better cooled.

Thanks for the tips. I am planning on getting a modular PSU so that will cut down on some of the cables, but i like your idea of sheathing the rest.

Thanks for the advice. Ive decided on this one.
http://www.xoxide.com/xopacl2.html

xoxide_1869_21241613

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom