Changing Cases

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firebirdracer14

Beta member
Hello all I recently attempted to do a case swap that I recently bough. I unplugged everything from the motherboard and installed it into the new case and plugged all the remaining items hard drives, dvd drive, and floppys in and after everything was plugged back in like it was in the old case I even kept the power button in exactly the way it was the only thing i didnt keep was a system board which had 2 usb ports on it but I dont think that hurt anyting.... but after puting it all back together and plugging it back in it would not power on so I though maybe the power supply I got with the system was bad because it wasnt doing anything. So I switched power supplys to the old one that was in the first case. After doing this it still would not power on!!! So I kept on pressing the power button and it finally started spinning the cpu fan so I thought it was ok but when I plugged in the monitor it did not work. The LED mouse however lit up and then I turned the computer off and then tried to power it back on and it would not do so. I am very confused as to why this would happen can someone help plz????

Firebirdracer14 said:
Hello all I recently attempted to do a case swap that I recently bough. I unplugged everything from the motherboard and installed it into the new case and plugged all the remaining items hard drives, dvd drive, and floppys in and after everything was plugged back in like it was in the old case I even kept the power button in exactly the way it was the only thing i didnt keep was a system board which had 2 usb ports on it but I dont think that hurt anyting.... but after puting it all back together and plugging it back in it would not power on so I though maybe the power supply I got with the system was bad because it wasnt doing anything. So I switched power supplys to the old one that was in the first case. After doing this it still would not power on!!! So I kept on pressing the power button and it finally started spinning the cpu fan so I thought it was ok but when I plugged in the monitor it did not work. The LED mouse however lit up and then I turned the computer off and then tried to power it back on and it would not do so. I am very confused as to why this would happen because it was working before I switched cases can someone help plz????

Yea the hard drive is hooked up correctly but I was wondering the motherboard would not bolt down on the top side becase the screws were not long enough I think i got 3 of the 6 in the motherboard 2 on one side and one in the middle the 3 on the top did not get put on do I have to do this?

A bit of metal that is touching the motherboard. Either from a case, a screw or anything metal.

Three threads for the same problem is overkill, dude.

I deleted the other two. Post the problem, and wait for someone to answer it. Spamming the forums will get you canned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom