2x 6600gt or 1x 6800 gt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah you can have just one, and it will do the whole picture. I wouldn't go with XFX again, as I haven't been on my gaming PC in a month because of it overheating. Everyone here likes eVGA, because they have a trade in deal, and you pay the difference to get a new card. I have a BFG, and it is very nice. They are overclocked as standard, and have a lifetime warranty. Leadtek put HUGE all copper heatsinks on their cards (which is great :p)

I personally wouldn't go with a Gigabyte motherboard, as they are just okay motherboards, nothing special. Not perticually great at overclocking. DFI lanparty boards are the best ones out there. MSI and ASUS are great companies too.

If you have some money left over 2gb's is starting to become the normal for gaming computers. It is best to get 2 1gb sticks over 4x 512.

I would get this over the heatsink you picked out: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16835118114 If you have more than there is a all copper one, which is better. Or if you really want: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16835118223

The CPU is great. The early ones overclocked like mad. 2.8ghz stable on air! Now you are unlikley to get one of them, as AMD originally had the 3000 exactly the same as a 3800, just a different multiplier.

With the PSU's its different companies. The Antec is a reliable company, where as Aspire is not. If you lived and worked in the UK, than the best PSU you could get, with out spending loads is the Hiper type R 580watt. The only place that I know of to get it in the US is www.frozencpu.com but it is very expensive. (But then again, so many US companies thought that $1=£1 and we always get ripped off by it, as £1=$1.8.

The RAM is fine. The corsair was fine as well. Value ram doesn't overclock as well as the really expensive stuff.

And thats the graphics card.

coarsair valueselect better ram ;)

the quality of the psu, and the durability everything else lol

the GFX card is good

and the thermaltake venus 12 is an excellent heatsink keeping my 30% OCed venice at 25C idle and 40C full load, and when at all stock settings i never reach above 30C load pretty good

^^ If you say it is good, than get it. I haven't seen a review for it before, so I would of stuck with one I know.

DFI nF4 ultra-D is probably the best non SLI board ever.

just to tell you its not SLI capable

1) you will need to mod the chipset

2) you will need to buy a SLi bridge connector

but in all that is an excellent board, but the bios is kind of confusing

are you a beginner?

Yes I'm taking a A+ year long certification class at my school. I know how to actually build a computer but I haven't got a clue on how to configure all the tweaking, overclocking etc..

Just show me a board that will eventually let me use sli for 2x 6800gts

2 x 6600GTs outperform 1 x 6800GT, but you can upgrade the 1 x 6800GT to 2 x 6800GTs somewhere down the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom