ATI Crossfire MOBO

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813136165

you would need a mobo like that, you cant buy it lol cause newgg wont ship to UK :(

then you will need to buy another card and stick them in crossfire lol just watch the movie on the ATI website

2. What graphics cards work with CrossFire?

A.CrossFire requires a CrossFire Edition graphics card and a compatible standard Radeon (CrossFire Ready) graphics card from the same series.

The Radeon® X850 CrossFire Edition card can be paired with any PCI Express Radeon X850 graphics card (Radeon X850 PRO, Radeon X850 XT or Radeon X850 XT Platinum Edition) from ATI or any of its partners including cards previously sold.

The Radeon X800 CrossFire Edition cards can be paired with any PCI Express Radeon X800 graphics card (Radeon X800, Radeon X800 PRO, Radeon X800 XL, Radeon X800 GTO, Radeon X800 XT or Radeon X800 XT Platinum Edition) from ATI or any of its partners.

Because of the backwards compatibility of the platform, there are already almost a million people who are CrossFire Ready.

;)

8. What happens when you pair a 12-pipe CrossFire Edition card with a 16-pipe card?

A. In this scenario both cards will operate as 12-pipe cards while in CrossFire mode.

9. What happens when your CrossFire Edition card and and a compatible standard Radeon (CrossFire Ready) graphics card have different clock speeds?

A. Both cards will continue to operate at their individual clock speeds.

they will downclock the pipelines :confused:

Thanks again, think Ive got it. I saw 1 crossfire ATI saphire MOBO in a UK site. But looks like I need a crossfire main edition card. ATi say they will be out fall 2005, so I guess I wait til they reach here. Then I can get my X1800 crossfire. Or I just go for it and buy 2 x1800s and use the x800 in old PC. Either way, Its gonna be pricey.

Thanks again :)

Yeah but this country is like the stoneage compared to US with release dates :p Might take a while or I might have to order US.... probaly cheaper anyway seeings this countrys prices. LOL

Yea US prices on hardware is real cheap compared to alot of countries. I also read the same things you guys posted and thats where i got my assumption from. Wish you could get that DFI Crossfire board though cause it seems like its bangin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom