What is wrong with my 7800 gtx...:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
doom uk: i had the exact same settings as before: copmuter maximum and video high. the day i got fear and updated it it was terrific: like i said 50 or so min, bout 60-70 avg and 110 about max. i recently ran the test again to show my friend and i got 17 min, 56 avg, 72 max. that is a huge differange from when i first got it. i am using the same drivers and have no other programs running even. i also reformatted to see and i used the same drivers with the same problem. unless there is some other reason for my card to suddenly be slower, i will probly have to rma it:(

Like I said: poorly optomised, lack of driver support. It's not your hardware that's the problem.

For example I find that if I load a quicksave in-game, my FPS drops to the 20 FPS region. Load it immediatley again, I'm back @ 50 FPS or whatever. Weird.

no i didnt rma it yet, i dunno if its my card. i dont think its like your save prob though cause im using the in game video test.

HOnestly DoomUK is probably right on about F.E.A.R not being optimized properly. Because your 7800GTX is performing pretty well actually. And it's performing as I should I think for this game.

I found the same type results from my X800XT PE. Although the FPS were lower then each of your sets of numbers. Sometimes I'd get 40-50 then I'd get 60-70 sometimes i'd get 80. Some fire fights would be 40 then others would be 15 or lower. It justs jumps all over the place.

Have you tested other games with you 7800GTX?

yea but i dont see why from the course of one day to the next it would have gone down like 30 fps, plus like i said im using the ingame test so its the exavt same thing each time:(. oh also in hl2 i was getting great fps when i first got the card but now it has went down ALOT as well. i do notice i get slightly better results with the 81.87 beta drivers so i really dunno =/

ok im pretty sure i need to rma my card. when i first got it i would get 60-90 fps on hl2 with everything max at 1280x1024. now i get 20-40 if im lucky. i guess i will have to rma my card in a day or two =(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom