Celeron D 2.66?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gully2005

Baseband Member
at the moment i have a pentium 4 2.8ghz 400fsb 512L2 s478

i'm thinking about getting new chip and mobo
will the celeron D 2.66 run betteR?

well my computer has no thermal paste.. so its running really hot for no reason so i just thinking about upgrading to that one, coz its got faster fsb? and better socket? plus emt64

Do you have a thermal pad instead? As it would overheat badly w/o anything, as there isn't complete contact between the CPU and heatsink.

(why not get some artic silver 5, its hardly expensive.)

And FSB doesn't matter, it is how it performs in benchtests.

P4>celeron

and somekind of thermal paste, pad, tape or anything is needed especially on a p4

nah i cbf thermal paste.. $20 for a good one then its all the way in the city.. i juz need a new comp l ol
will the celeron D 2.66 still be able to run alota stuff?

You are spending more money on a worse processor! You don't even need the expensive stuff. I got some cheap Akasa thermal compound, as I couldn't find my AS5, and I didn't want to wait for a new syringe to be delivered.

I took the heatsink off my CPU and there was all this grey stuff on it. So I rubbed a little off. Then I realized it might be important, so I stopped. Now I know it's important. So if I'm missing some paste, is that bad? Do I need to cover the entire surface area of the processor?

ok.. but my chip is really scratched coz i pva it last time. LOL
it just gets really hot and it always goes 100% for programs that shouldnt :(
kk thx i'll just get some cheap thermal paste

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom