Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Software

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sotacs

Solid State Member
What if there was a company that created custom cut case windows utilizing lasers?
What if the acrylic windows were laser cut as well to fit precisely into the case windows so that the windows would fit flush to the outside of the case and there were no unsightly brads or fasteners holding the acrylic in place?
What if you could get custom fan guards cut right into the sides and top of the case as well?
What if you had hundreds of choices?
121f0195.jpg

closeup80mmyinyangdragonfanguard.jpg

Does the idea of being able to get custom laser cut case windows and fan guards appeal to you?
If it does, what would your ultimate window shape be?

Hundreds of choices? If it's custom-made, well, it should be unlimited choices!

Laser cut? Well, that sounds pretty expensive...but would be well worth it, if you could have any design you wanted, while being reasonable with the cost!

Ultimate shape though...that's tough...too tough for me. Probably would change from time to time, as in when I get my next case. Actually...that should be pretty soon...hmm!

I think this is some kind of market research spam. But no I wouldn't consider it.

As a window on the side of the case, I don't really like it, as I like to see the 'bare circuits' (yeah, I watched futurama today :p) But I think it would look cool on the top/front of the case. But anyway, it is too expensive, and in my eyes not worth it. It would probally cost the same as a AMD X2 4400 or something like that.

if i had the money i would get one :D but ill just stick with my plain side panel lol

If this is a market research attempt, I'll tell you one thing. Don't bother with this idea man. The customer base is not large enough. Sure, there might be a "few" enthusiasts who might buy stuff, but it wouldn't be enough for u to sustain a business. Unless of course, u are planning on using the lasers in other markets as well.

Just out of curiosity, can you make those side panels using CAD and CAM, and then using one of those machines that fires high powered water to cut metal/using one of those drill things controlled by CAD/CAM? On SECC steel?

(Its growing on me, but most of us here spend all our money on the actual hardware incl. me.)

ust out of curiosity, can you make those side panels using CAD and CAM, and then using one of those machines that fires high powered water to cut metal/using one of those drill things controlled by CAD/CAM? On SECC steel?
Actually, yes you can.

We have one of those (water-jet cutter) at work. We use it to cut out countertops from slabs of granite. It can cut through up to 4" (100mm) steel. The one that is on West Coast Choppers that they use to cut out custom rims was the next one bought after my bos bought his.

Yea I heard about those water-cutters. It's hard to believe that water can cut though steel like that. But I would rather take that money and buy a better CPU or one of those PhysX cards coming out.

Trotter said:
Actually, yes you can.

We have one of those (water-jet cutter) at work. We use it to cut out countertops from slabs of granite. It can cut through up to 4" (100mm) steel. The one that is on West Coast Choppers that they use to cut out custom rims was the next one bought after my bos bought his.

True, but my research has shown that the cost of production is considerably less for a laser in this case than a water jet machine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom