ASUS Motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

samsom

Beta member
Hi All.

A few days ago my computer began to reset itself its CMOS memory. I changed the battery, but it didn't solve the problem.
What can it be?
My motherboard model is ASUS A7V266-E.

Thanks!

Let me try to explain better...

When I turn off my computer the BIOS settings are not saved.
So whenever I turn on the computer I have to set the date, time, cpu frequency and all the BIOS settings.

As I told in my first post, I've already replaced the battery.

Has anyone already seen this problem?

Make sure the battery is a good one.
Make sure you have the latest BIOS update.
Make sure you select 'save' and then select 'save & exit'. I heard you must save your selections seperately. See if that helps.

This board is "jumperless" but it does have a Clear RTC jumper function.
You can also try this....
Turn off the computer, unplug the power cable. After the power is unplugged, press the power button in a couple times.
Remove the CMOS battery. After the battery is out, remove the jumper cap from the pins to the right of the battery. The pins should be right beside the battery. After the jumper cap has been removed, put the jumper cap back on. Make sure that the jumper is going from one pin to the other and not hanging off to the side of one pin. Put the battery back in, plug the power back on and start the PC. During the boot process, hold down the "Del" key until you get into the BIOS. Change the system time. Save your changes and then exit and reboot.
Hope this helps.

-Mike

samsom said:
As I told in my first post, I've already replaced the battery.

Has anyone already seen this problem?
sorry bro,, But I read allot of posts sometimes I miss things ( im Old ) but also try shorting pins Under cmos battery, you will notice when you remove battery, there is a contact looks like a fork,short them for 5 seconds say,, see if that works.remember,, capacitor still has to discharge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom