Should i be wary of Thermaltake??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks everybody for your help!
I really appreciate it :) :)

So I should be looking at an Antec or Pcp&c over 450w and i cant go wrong? Would that be the jist of it?

Crap. I just bought a Cooler Master. It got good reviews, and they said it was quiet...

Is it so bad that I should I send it back???

vaderpro said:
Here's a good guide. And thermaltakes are in the "unrecommended" section.http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=792566

Doesn't sound like much of a credible source to me...

its an "unofficial" ranking \ recommendations
based on empirical evidence as interpreted by computerpro3... an "official" list would require definitive testing of each and every supply

The list was also last updated on June 4th.

meh, this isn't my only forum, i only have 3 others.

The only reason i hate TT PSU's so badly is cause I see so many topics around the web, about TT PSU's gone bad or problems with them. I see TT more then any other PSU, ever.

Good door stop though, never failed there.

Besides, people say that not everyone can afford expensive products, however, going cheap is also not a way to go. Im pretty sure theres always a better PSU for the same or lower then any TT you can name.

beardo526 said:
Doesn't sound like much of a credible source to me...

HardOCP is one of the most respected review and hardware sites on the Internet. And the guy that posted there is also a moderator on the official AMD forums and has 6K+ posts and he helped me choose the power supply I have right now (Forton).

I've got a thermaltake 560w PSU and it's lasted me almost a year now and it's rails are still strong as ever.

I measured my +12v with a multimeter probably a couple weeks ago and it's exactly on +12v....so as far as I'm concerned their PSU's are good.

The brands the top the worst in my head are

TT (of course)
coolmax
Ultra
rosewell
coolermaster
sparkle

The ones I would be careful about

aspire
aerocool
just for pc
apex
raidmax
XCLIO

The ones That are the best in my head
PC power and cooling
Antec
enermax
vantec
OCZ
forton

Any others I didn't mention, I either don't know exsist or are rebranded PSU's of others I just mentioned.

I would agree with your bad list except for TT...don't understand exactly what your problem with them is.

and going by what you see on the web isn't a valueable way of judging really....I cant say I've come across too many at all.

Like I said this PSU has been going for a year and it's rails are as strong as ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom