spyware

Status
Not open for further replies.

talldude123

Banned
please put down which anti-spyware program you think is the best. I am scared of downloading one that will f*** up my computer :(

What have you downloaded that screwed the pooch?

I go with Ad Aware, Spybot, and Microsoft AntiSpyware. All are free, and safe.

MS AntiSpy can hang sometimes, and pull your comp down to a crawl. If it does, boot to safe mode, uninstall it, reboot, and reinstall. It's the same as any MS product in that it can become corrupt...

You can also go to http://housecall.trendmicro.com/ and use TrendMicro's online spyware scanner. They also have an online virus scanner you can use there as well. Both are free.

Get all three. Ad Aware and Spybot are available on MajorGeeks.

By using all three, you get pretty good coverage (nothing is perfect). All three work a little different from the others.

i also just downloaded the yahoo toolbar, it has a little spyware add-on and has detected more spyware than microsoft and spybot.

talldude123 said:
ok. do i have to have all 3 running in the background? (it would guzzle memory i imagine)

Not all spyware programs run in the background. Most, at least the ones I use, are just scaners, you open them when u need them, when your done you close them and they do not run in back ground.

I use.
AVG
Aware SE Personnel
Spybot Search a& destroy
SpywareBlaster
Microsoft Antispyware Beta

of which AVG and spybot are the only ones that run in background.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom