Unable to install directx 9.0c

Status
Not open for further replies.

GameGURU

Fully Optimized
Ok, my computer is really getting to me these days.

Problems such as Firefox closing randomly, iTunes refusing to open, random restarts, messed up music, inability to run disk defrag and much more have been hanging around me.

Whenever I try to install directx, it tells me that the Directx.log has failed and I have to check it.

Any download does this, any website's version does this, all of my computer game's included copies do it.

I cannot install it at all.

So, thinking all of this was a virus, I tried to download some anti-virus from AVG. Can't install it.

I have scanned for spyware, found some and got rid of it-same thing.

I have gone so far as to reformat, and, with no luck.

My copy of Norton Anti-Virus doesn't scan when I run it from the CD, because for whatever reason my C: is only 400kb.

What...is...going...on?!?!

So how big is your hard drive really.If its that screwed up you should use a windows 98 boot disk and run fdisk.when it starts up slect option 4 i believe.Show all partitions.Then go to the option to delete all the partitions till there all gone and then make a primary dos partition.And the reboot and reinstall windows.Of corse youll lose everything on hsard drive but with it being toast anyway you got nothing ot lose.Once you go into fdisk its pretty simple to figure out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom