MOBO fan problemo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DefragMyHead

In Runtime
my motherboard fan is on the fritz and I I'm running my machine right now (keeping a close eye on it) so I can get this post up. My question is is it just possible that it is dusty and some compressed air might helpt or should I take the fan off and check it out? also is there any software I can download to monitor temp/ fan speed? and where could I buy a new fan, and what kind if needed? my mobo is asus A8N SLI Deluxe-NVIDIA nForce 4 SLI MCP, PCI Express with DDR. Thanks guys

What do you mean by "on the fritz"? Is it not working at all? Or running loudly? Or what?

sounds like the berrings are going bad....get a new hsf...it will do better anyway than the stock hsf...if i were you i would look at the Zalman 7700...good fan...just make sure u have room for it in your case...also if you're looking for a program..try SpeedFan...it'd decent and is free

Do you have Cool and Quiet Enabled (if so Nothing at all is wrong)? That changes the fan speed depending On the CPU heat. ( If it's cool it will go slow and be nearly silent.. If it's hot iT will sound like A Jet turbine)

but Does the RPM dropping and the noise go up at the same time? If so get a new fan.. if it's sort of a raddling noise.. Best to get a new one ASAP as vibration from a bad fan is VERY bad for a cpu socket.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom