Computer w/ new MOBO won't boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bearcat14

Solid State Member
I just replaced the MOBO in my home built computer. It seems to boot up fine, enters windows, but the whole thing shuts off after about 1 min. I am thinking it's because the CPU is overheating, but I'm not sure. It's and AMD 3400+ with a Zalman fan, which I just transferred from my old MOBO. The MOBO is an ASUS K8N-E Deluxe (brand new).

Any ideas? I never had problems with overheating on my old MOBO, but I'm thinking that may be the problem here. Any help appreciated.

Thanks!

It could be your power supply. Check the motherboard requirements, and how many watts your power supply is.

Hi

Did you use thermal paste.Can you go into your bios and just leave it running for a bit and see what the temp reads.

Re: Hi

sPlAtOiD said:
Did you use thermal paste.Can you go into your bios and just leave it running for a bit and see what the temp reads.

Yeah, I did. I fixed the problem...apparently I had the fan installed in the wrong direction (?) I just took it off, turned it 180 degrees and reinstalled...now it works fine. That's a new one on me. I didn't know that fans have to be installed in certain orientations or apparently they won't work. Whatever...it works now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom