quiz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Problem: Timmy walks into his room one bright, shiny day, and happily plops down in front of his computer. He enthusiastically presses the power button... and nothing happens. He checks all the cords in back to make sure they're properly seated. He opens up the case and tries shorting the power pins, but still nothing happens. He checks all the motherboard power connections to make sure they're securely in place, and finally checks the PSU switch. Everything is as it should be, but the thing won't turn on. Frustrated, he leaves his room to go read a book.

He comes back to his room that night, flips on the light and starts to read at his computer desk. Just for giggles, he reaches down and presses the power button. Lo and behold, it worked! He played WoW for a couple hours, then turned off his computer and went to sleep happy.

The next morning, he stumbled across his room in the dim morning light to check his e-mail. The power switch didn't work again. Furious, he stormed out of the room.

Question: What stupid mistake did Timmy make that's causing him so much frustration?

Haha I guess I made that one too easy. Okay, a lil harder now.

Problem: Timmy's office has their HP 4050n printer hooked up via ethernet cable, and has assigned it an IP address. All the computers in the office print to this printer and it works flawlessly.

Each computer is connected to the printer by adding a printer, choosing a local printer, and assigning it a TCP/IP port. The computers are hooked up to the internet by DSL through a VPN, which connects the office to their sister company in Lansing.

Timmy figures that since the printer is hooked up via ethernet and they're running a VPN, the computers from the office in Lansing should be able to print to that printer using the IP address; but when the secretary in Lansing tries to make her computer print to it, it won't work.

Timmy tries pinging the printer; it works fine. The Lansing office, however, cannot ping the printer.

Question: What setting does Timmy need to change before his printer will work?

Dan

That's an excellent guess, but we're actually inside a VPN at this point. However, if I Timmy had wanted Joe in Hawaii to use the printer, that would be necessary.

Dan

PROBLEM:

One day Timmy decides to play some solitare on his old PII 500mhz machine...but when he turns on the computer after a few months..the harddrive makes a clicking noise and it takes forever to boot up if it boots at all....Timmy is mad because he has a lot of his old photos on that machine that he needs to recover....what is one solution to fixing this problem long enough to recover the files?..

this is easy

put the hard drive in a zip lock baggy, and put the drive in the freezer...

But lets finish dipiques questions at hand before we start jumping into new questions.

dipique said:

Problem: Timmy's office has their HP 4050n printer hooked up via ethernet cable, and has assigned it an IP address. All the computers in the office print to this printer and it works flawlessly.

Each computer is connected to the printer by adding a printer, choosing a local printer, and assigning it a TCP/IP port. The computers are hooked up to the internet by DSL through a VPN, which connects the office to their sister company in Lansing.

Timmy figures that since the printer is hooked up via ethernet and they're running a VPN, the computers from the office in Lansing should be able to print to that printer using the IP address; but when the secretary in Lansing tries to make her computer print to it, it won't work.

Timmy tries pinging the printer; it works fine. The Lansing office, however, cannot ping the printer.

Dan

Ok i have one more guess....... He needs to change the gateway address.

dipique said:

Dan

their printer is not dry ice cooled and needs to be overclocked to 50 ghz in order to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom