What is wrong with my 7800 gtx...:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charbo

In Runtime
ok i was playing fear the other day and i noticed that it wasnt running as smooth as it was before, so i did a video test. my numbers have dropped ALOT! before i was getting 58 minimum, 100 avg and 112 max with max computer and high graphics. now i get 17 minimum, 57 avg, and 78 max. i have tried lowering the graphics to medium and the results change about 4 fps each. why is my card suddenly being crap? i have tried drivers 81.85 which are the latest out and the beta 81.87 with no boost. i was using the 81.85 before.

ok now ive tried 78.01 too and that sucks as well.

seems like the drivers for the 7xxx series are just shitty all around...I keep hearing people with 7xxx series cards and even in SLI that aren't getting the performance they should

hmm well like i said it was fine just a few days ago so i know its not the drivers im pretty sure so i probly have to rma the card:(

meh its still a great card and im sure it will be fine:)

dam this will suck...no computer while i rma this card:(

The Video card industry is so freaked up these days. It doesn't matter if it's NVIDIA or ATI. They both are screwed up. You pay $500+ or $1000+ for SLI (High-end cards) and you don't even get what is advertised. Check out his article I found. Believe or not, it's up to you.

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=27084

"AA does not work with enabled HDR, so this result can be compared with the results of other cards only in terms of the choice "HDR+AF or AA+AF?" When HDR is activated together with AF, you can clearly see that the GF7800GTX demonstrates performance on the level with the GF6800GT with AA and AF."~ www.digit-life.com or http://www.digit-life.com/articles2/video/*70-part3.html

Dude. That freaking sucks. Seriously. Spend a lot of money for a new high-end card that doesn't enable all the highest settings? Are you kidding me? I've read this a few times before. But the more I read it, it's got to be true.

hmm interesting read thanks...:)
also any way to tell if my card is messed up besides fear?

First off: What settings are you running F.E.A.R. on? Be warned that this game is incredibly hardware demanding if you're using ridiculous settings- yes, even for dual 7800 GTX's.

Secondly, are you using a single GTX or SLI? Going by you're sig, you're only ruinning on one card, but correct me if I'm wrong.

Last off, F.E.A.R. is badly optomised. A lot of people with very different hardware are experiencing poor/strange performance issues. Couple that with dodgy driver support :rolleyes:

As a side note, I get around 60 FPS (30 FPS minimum, 120 FPS max) in the built-in benchmark w/ the following settings: 1280*1024, 4xAA, 16xAF, Vsync OFF, Soft Shadows OFF, all other settings maxed out.

Interesting link indeed havoc...that craps crazy...soooo basically both Nvidia and ATI are lying about something is what I gathered from that....how lame. I was gonna download that program, but sheeesh, 36 hours per test, no thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom