Computer takes 5 hours to boot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PZEROFGH

Golden Master
ok well im having a problem with my sig computer. whenever i press the power button the fans run and everything and it just takes very very very long time to boot up. with my 9800pro in there it doesnt boot at all, but if i stick in my TNT2 sometimes it will boot, like right now its not booting... do you think its my video card or could it be something else?i cleared the CMOS. i checked the power connections and everything else. it just wont boot up DARN IT! now i cant play any of my games :( :mad:

how longs it been doing it?

if the heatsink is seated properly and all cords are pluged in, it might be a software problem, then again something else might be getting hot...

which brings me to another question, if a computer gets to *hot then why does it *freeze?

need some more details, what all have you tried... you might check the ram...

did you try removing devices and trying a barebone boot... Just take everything out, but leave the essential components in only. After each sucessful boot, put 1 more part in and try to pinpoint what the problem device is.

try using a cdrom linux distrobution (like knoppix) and see if it suffers from the same problems, or it is just windows.

ok so 1) i took the video card out and tried it, video card is OK

2) tried the ram in my dell :D and it works fine

3) what are the barebone, cpu, video card, hdd, cpu fan, vga fan is that all?

4) i tried sticking in my install disk into the cd drive but it just keeps on closing on me, like if i press the eject button it ejects then really fast

When it starts to boot press f8 a bunch of times to start in safe mode and see if it will boot faster.Have you been using more than one vid card or have you changed the vid card latly.Check your divice manager in your control panel system divice manager and see if you have more than one vid driver that is if it will start in safe mode.

i cant get on my computer cause it wont turn on...hmm going to try the barebone boot right now

How was your file structure on your computer, did you have anti-virus, and network security, what I think it is that your windows boot sector is corrupted and this can be caused by many things, norton systemworks, goback, registry cleaners, so called spyware removers, and even not starting and shutting down your computer regularly will sometimes do this. What I suggest Is backup your data and get ready to reconfigure your system, you seem like you have a desent computer so it will be worth the time to do it right, Get all updated drivers for the devices in the computer especially 9800 pro, sorry to say but no getting this back up to speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom