PARTS WE DESTROYED out of frustration

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never destroyed my own computer hardware, but my mother has thrown my computer down the stairs once when she got angry at me sleeping in during the summer.

I recovered it, and surprisingly the mobo came out fine. The only problem with it was one of the latches that hooked onto the processor was broken, but that was easily fixed. Then, of course, I accidently snap off a crystal when I'm installing the mobo into a new case :angry:

The hard drive was dead, nothing could revive it. The CD rom drive worked, but the tray never came out straight anymore.

I ended up getting a whole new computer, it was time for an upgrade anyway, and this gave me an excuse.

I bought an old laptop from a garage sale for 5 bucks and when it didn't work I stuck it in the drying machine and left it on high (and when I mean high I mean "all safety-devices disabled high") for a couple of hours. Can you say "computer salad"?

Also when my Gameboy SP's screen died for no reason I smashed it with a hammer and a couple of PS2's that died on me (Nintendo and Sony can go f*ck off)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom